sharetrader
Page 263 of 899 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 8983
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Any estimates as to what divie will be announced Friday

Hope punters get excited and pump the price up and more by the divie amount ...still have a few more to hock off

Hate these companies that wait until the very last day before releasing reports
    They are going to make 46 cents per share. They would normally hand over remaining 26 cents. (the`ve already paid 20 cents of it) But I reckon this time they will hold some back for their Aussie expansion. So Im picking the divi will be 21 cents . That's the usual 20 cent divi plus 1 cent added just to keep everyone frothing.(not that HLG ever seem too concerned about how their shareholders are feeling)
    Last edited by Maverick; 26-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    "..................That's the usual 20 cent divi plus 1 cent added just to keep everyone frothing.(not that HLG ever seem too concerned about how their shareholders are feeling)
    Suppose it all depends on how much the insiders want?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    They are going to make 46 cents per share. They would normally hand over remaining 26 cents. (the`ve already paid 20 cents of it) But I reckon this time they will hold some back for their Aussie expansion. So Im picking the divi will be 21 cents . That's the usual 20 cent divi plus 1 cent added just to keep everyone frothing.(not that HLG ever seem too concerned about how their shareholders are feeling)
    Same guess here, I would estimate the same 20 cents though. 40 cents divvy for the year still seems most of the profits paid out to shareholders, but I don't think they will reduce the divvy since holders are there expecting good divvy. In terms that they would need more funds to expand the aussie market share, I actually thought about possible ASX listing.... nah maybe not.

Investor

Well results tomorrow, let's see what they got in store for us especially divvy and Aus numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Same guess here, I would estimate the same 20 cents though. 40 cents divvy for the year still seems most of the profits paid out to shareholders, but I don't think they will reduce the divvy since holders are there expecting good divvy. In terms that they would need more funds to expand the aussie market share, I actually thought about possible ASX listing.... nah maybe not.
    I'm expecting 20 cent per share, anything above that will be a bonus and go towards a new pair of shoes to add to my growing collection.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well results tomorrow, let's see what they got in store for us especially divvy and Aus numbers.
    Clever double meaning...I see what you did there..probably the latest spring / summer fashions as well
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/324591

Results just out...

Key bits...

Glassons Australia
    Sales for the year were $78.42 million, an increase of 56.7% on the prior year. Again, our focus on fashion, speed to market, customer service and our investment in digital has driven sales in what remains an especially challenging retail market.
    During the year two new stores, Melbourne Central and Charlestown were opened, and a further two stores, Warringah and Chermside, were refurbished into our new concept.
    Planned investment is proceeding in Australia. We have refurbished three stores in the current season in Bondi, Highpoint and Parramatta with additional refurbishments scheduled in the short term. There are also additional store openings planned in The Glen and Liverpool for later this year with additional stores under consideration.

Dividend
    The Directors have declared a final dividend of 24 cents per share (fully imputed) to be paid on 17th December 2018. Together with the interim dividend of 20 cents per share that was paid on 13th April 2018, the full year dividend is 44 cents per share. This increase in dividend payment comes as a result of the company’s strong balance sheet, well controlled inventories and the current trading patterns.

Very strong result in the middle of guidance. Sales growing at 7%+ in the 8 weeks since balance date, (don't know if this is normalized or not for ditching Storm brand but doesn't say so) which is a very solid early indicator for the current year on the back of 16%+ sales growth last year.

Dividend..my goodness, the dividend hounds will be salivating !

"in what remains an especially challenging retail market" referring to the Australian retail market is a cautionary note that I feel and should serve to tone down any irrational exuberance.
    Growth in online sales is VERY impressive indeed.

Overall...this is strong and the prospects look very sound for the future in my opinion. Looking forward to the dividend and reading the annual report with the usual stunning figures and I am not just talking about the numbers lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

One good indicator of just how good HLG are at managing the business -

Sold heaps were stuff but increase in inventory is minimal ...fantastic
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

And I never sold a single share.Lol. Excellent results in a challenging market place, no reason not to continue holding an XXXOS sized position.
    Last edited by couta1; 28-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.