sharetrader
Page 330 of 899 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430830 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With all the retail clothing companies that have folded over the last couple of years HLG have obviously hit the sweet spot and in tune with what the punters want at any given point in time ,adapt or sink well done HLG.
    Yes indeed. https://www.munns.co.nz/ closing after trading for over 100 years reinforces exactly what you've suggested, apparel companies either adapt or they die.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-05-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another outfit Hallensteins have life too hard

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...res-nationwide

Used Munns a couple of times for black tie function stuff
    I used them for my wedding last year for first time however every time I walked by in Wellington they seem empty and feels conservative from outside so I thought they keep their old clients. Is a shame to loose this kind of stores.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Really nice black shiny shoes with the suit ... usually wear decent pair of hiking boots with the jeans (more comfortable than joggers) ...my Red Band gummies when out in the garden ...bare feet in the house.

Wouldn’t be seen dead in jandals or sandals
    At that time also I was looking for shoes and nothing near the $100, mostly around $200. With the expenses of the wedding I didn't want to spend a lot so I went to Hannah's and found a nice Julius Marlow model at $100 which then I got $20 with Amex. Though I haven't worn again after the wedding. However HLG had last winter a sale on shoes, 2 pairs at $100, it seems good value for money so I bought them to wear one at work and one for something semi casual.

I see a lot of people wearing suits in Wellington daily, however I believe they prefer to pay for something mid range. There is a brand that I like, Rembrandt which Munns sells and is from Wellington, just a jacket cost $400 ish. OK is very nice but if someone with a mortgage and say an 80K salary I don't think will buy it.

Guru

Munns is closing all shops. As we are ,as a nation, becoming scruffier, then hopefully HLG will provide.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Haven't bought an clothes in NZ for a long time. Mostly buy if I'm in the USA.
    Much more choice and better prices though with the dollar steadily dropping that's making stuff over there quite a bit more expensive.
    Tee shirts, jean shorts and jandals are the summer stable for me !
    Occasional shirt for going out for dinner.

Think the last time I wore my suit was to my wife's fathers funeral.. Even then I was the only one in one, and that was 9 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    I used them for my wedding last year for first time however every time I walked by in Wellington they seem empty and feels conservative from outside so I thought they keep their old clients. Is a shame to loose this kind of stores.
    I don't think the Wellington store ever recovered from having to move from the Lambton Quay end of Willis Street to down towards the Majestic Centre. The manager used to live across the road from me and said the store never picked up to the levels of the previous location. But then I also seldomly visited their store since the move. I prefer Farmer's on their 50% off days (to show what a style guru I am!).

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Munns is closing all shops. As we are ,as a nation, becoming scruffier, then hopefully HLG will provide.
    Great opportunity to pick a nice suit in the closing down sale.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Casualisation' of menswear blamed for Munns closure" said on the news.

mean while warehouse Q3 sales up 1.9%...

when wages up...automatically everything up....

Banned

I Love the way this stock has kept my overall portfolio in the blue for over two years now especially during downturns, something to be said for low beta and low liquidity aye.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I Love the way this stock has kept my overall portfolio in the blue for over two years now especially during downturns, something to be said for low beta and low liquidity aye.
    Today's price is still a buy for you?