sharetrader
Page 299 of 899 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 8983

Doubt whether Glassons Australia affected by this outfit who are apparently hurting the encumbents

Uniqlo ups raid on Australian retailers
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...02-p50p9w.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Doubt whether Glassons Australia affected by this outfit who are apparently hurting the encumbents

Uniqlo ups raid on Australian retailers
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...02-p50p9w.html
    Uniqlo is one of my favourite clothing stores. I can buy classic items at fair prices and wear them well in many situations: cashmere, Merino, down, cotton. The stores are always busy wherever I see them in the world.

I did look up the parent company as a potential investment and vaguely remember noting that while the price growth was strong it did seem inflated - one of the fastest growing clothing retailers?

percy

Don't know if this is the right thread.
    Brother-in-law's high school daughter, and her friends all brought their leavers' ball gowns on line from the US.Took two weeks to arrive.
    All were happy with their purchases.
    Saved a great deal of money by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Don't know if this is the right thread.
    Brother-in-law's high school daughter, and her friends all brought their leavers' ball gowns on line from the US.Took two weeks to arrive.
    All were happy with their purchases.
    Saved a great deal of money by doing so.
    Retail is changing A LOT....retailers that aren’t dynamic will slowly pass away. One upside that NZ retailers have over the on-line/off-shore is the after-sales service...if those ball gowns don’t fit; how readily are they modified, or, are the gowns sold in a modifiable form? HLG seems to be moving with the times but I am 100% off clothing retail after my UK burn in Bonmarche 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    Retail is changing A LOT....retailers that aren’t dynamic will slowly pass away. One upside that NZ retailers have over the on-line/off-shore is the after-sales service...if those ball gowns don’t fit; how readily are they modified, or, are the gowns sold in a modifiable form? HLG seems to be moving with the times but I am 100% off clothing retail after my UK burn in Bonmarche 2 years ago.
    Haven't yet found any retailer in NZ who would do something when their clothes need modification. Best case they tell you the address of the next tailor.

They don't even stock trousers which would fit for me ... my options for a new jeans are only

1) Buy in NZ: Go to a NZ retailer, pay $150 to $200 for a quality jeans (say Lewis), carry the jeans to a tailor, pay $30 to $50 for the necessary modifications and have another trip to the mall at a later day to pick it up. Or - alternatively I can
    2) order a fitting jeans (take the same Lewis jeans as above - and yes, I do know my US size) which does not need modifications for something like $100 to $150 (NZ) overseas. In the US they do sell Jeans which fit without the need for modifications. Receive the jeans and wear it.

Guess where I am buying my jeans?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Handsome Member

Nah, Hallensteins in Newmarket offered this service to me a few months back, bought a couple work pants and the needed altering which they got done for me $25 a piece.... not sure if any others offer that service though.

looks like aus sales at xmas might have been poor , would mean all nz retailers with aus operations would be affected

https://thewest.com.au/business/reta...ng-b881069026z
    one step ahead of the herd

"Investment bank Citi says customer traffic was down nearly 10 per cent as more shoppers move online or pull forward purchases into November."

Hope their online shopping platform has helped in that situation...

Kathmandu already owned up to Australia sales not that good

Maybe Glassons Australia finding it more 'challenging' than they have left on

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/indu...urce=newslette

Another clothing retailer bites the dust in OZ - bad December the last straw