sharetrader
Page 418 of 899 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Would not waste one minute sleep to worry about HLG's survival - along with BGR, two of the strongest consistently performing retailers with very strong balance sheets.
    Agree Balance, they are two of the best no question.
    But no retailer enjoys a recession, and this one has the potential to be the worst for 90 years.
    My guess is the board will be losing sleep in the coming months.
    Hopefully not too much, perhaps just a sleeping pill will fix it.
    But I don't think so.
    Last edited by Flugenbear; 04-04-2020 at 04:51 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    HLG back up and running - in a website way at least! Couta on the way back! It is interesting to see what is deemed essential at Hallensteins. Our volunteer firemen can buy a new pair of pants (Park Pursuit Jogger Jeans $69.99) but they can't buy a Kitt Ronney Belt ($29.95) to hold them up!

I guess our fireman can live without a 'Game Pad Hand Trainer' and a 'Fake News Game - Kayne Edition'. A bit off that they can't enjoy a 'Wireless Shower Speaker' at the hose down at the end of the day though. Those last three have all been marked down to 5 bucks. Will they still be that price when Level 4 is lifted?

SNOOPY

P.S. I was right about HLG being back. But even I didn't expect it to be this quickly!
    Last edited by Snoopy; 04-04-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    Agree dreamcatcher. The next 2 or 3 years could be hell for retailers. I hope HLG survive. Pretty sure they will though might need more capital.
    agree with you again. no dividends this year they will really need all there cash they can get there ands on might even need to raise bank debt. situation more serious with each % decline in sales vrs there fixed cost base.
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

No help from a Landlord.

“In the meantime, we wish to remind our tenants that their obligation to pay rent and other usual charges continues throughout this period unless the lease expressly states otherwise.
    “Yours sincerely Kiwi Property Group Limited.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No help from a Landlord.

“In the meantime, we wish to remind our tenants that their obligation to pay rent and other usual charges continues throughout this period unless the lease expressly states otherwise.
    “Yours sincerely Kiwi Property Group Limited.”
    Of course KPG will need to be seen to be saying the right things in order to extract as much as possible from a bad situation, but behind the scenes there is little doubt there will be some confidential negotiations going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Of course KPG will need to be seen to be saying the right things in order to extract as much as possible from a bad situation, but behind the scenes there is little doubt there will be some confidential negotiations going on...
    Yup.

I personally know a few mall tenants who have collectively withdrawn their rental payments - what are the KPGs of NZ going to do? Terminate their leases and sue them? Not going to happen - especially post lockdown, good tenants are going to be hard to find to replace the broke tenants.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup.

I personally know a few mall tenants who have collectively withdrawn their rental payments - what are the KPGs of NZ going to do? Terminate their leases and sue them? Not going to happen - especially post lockdown, good tenants are going to be hard to find to replace the broke tenants.
    Hopefully they are not "collectively" locked out of their stores.
    Wish I had some faith in landlords doing the right thing.
    Last edited by percy; 05-04-2020 at 09:50 AM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Hopefully they are not "collectively" locked out of their stores.
    Wish I had some faith in landlords doing the right thing.
    A review of the rent situation by Jane Holland, Partner, Bell Gully

https://www.propertynz.co.nz/news/re...uring-lockdown

The conclusion:

"In my view that clause ((Clause 27.5 and 27.6 of Auckland District Law Society Sixth Edition), introduced in 2012 in response to the Christchurch earthquakes) will operate to suspend rent and outgoings (for businesses providing non-essential services) during the Alert Level 4 lockdown. Where a tenant is providing an essential service, but doing so from only part of the premises, the position is less clear at this early stage."

That means no rent from HLG due to property owners until we drop back to level 3.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 05-04-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Depends on their lease.

During this current lockdown period some leases will require the tenant to keep paying the rent even though the premises are closed. Other leases may allow for rent to be suspended for businesses that provide non–essential services. However, there are a variety of different lease clauses in the market so it is obviously important to check the exact wording of the lease.

Going from Kiwi Income Properties letter I previosly posted, very few of their leases will have an out clause.
    I expect other Mall owners to have similar leases.
    Last edited by percy; 05-04-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Do companies imagine Landlords have no bills.

You sign a lease honour it as no doubt companies will........