sharetrader
Page 304 of 899 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    She graduated in 2013 with a finance degree and had already Researcher / Analyst positions for KPMG and Deloitte before she went to Forager.

So - not quite as green as you are implying - looks can be deceiving ...

Actually - what was wrong with her analysis?
    Not bad analysis ...especially if aimed at their own investors to keep them in touch with what’s going on.

Shame about the voice though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    That dividend history completely changes my view of hlg. I always saw it as a div stock for covering "wants" in my retirement portfolio. I now see that it can represent the "needs" part of my income.
    You're certainly not the only one who is really impressed with how resilient their dividend was throughout the GFC. Question is what is the right timing for my reentry...and I don't think its right now.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Im waiting for brexit turmoil, but i might buy a few prior, then average my very small parcel down if they drop.

Part of me thinks that they might enter a new, higher range to cycle in due to expansion. Also, I still has a suspicion that brexit won't be bad and the end of Mr Trumpingtons shutdown or trade war could set markets ablaze. So i don't want to miss out.

I suppose the sensible thing is to wait for them to drop back from this upper quartile, but i like having a small hold to have a hand in the game. Keeps me interested and sooths my desire to build my base of bottom draw shares.

Might as well wait for the early February trading update as with all the retail sales data out its likely to be very disappointing.
    Whether that's been factored into the share price already is a key question but there's also the overhang of the Gallghar (or whatever their name is) institutional holding of about 5% which if the recent sales rates by them are any indication will take them about 8 months to sell down their remaining stake. I think their overhang is a very pertinent factor in deciding when to buy. I think this is a late 2019 story...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I agree it is prudent to wait for the February update,before making any buy decission.
    While all retail can be down, sometimes there is a retailer who goes against the trend.
    This happens as competitors get nervous and customers can smell their fear.
    Customers like retailers who show no fear,and who always present new and exciting fashionable gear.
    Last edited by percy; 23-01-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Interesting video from Forager Funds who have recently bought in to HLG. There probably isn’t too much new information in the video but it is good to get a different perspective from an Australian investment fund.

https://youtu.be/rvcU_e8ZL90

At the end of the video, they mention that they are invested at about 2.5%, which I assume means 2.5% of their AUD 150 million International Fund. So I guess that means somewhere close to 1 million shares, maybe.

Forager seems to be an interesting investment firm, since they are reasonable open about what they are doing and what they are thinking. They first came to my attention with a serious of blog posts during the demise of Dick Smith’s.
    Was it them who bought that 1.8m off market after close today?

Could be the last of the Grahger shares?

They only very recently went under the 5% disclosure threshold and volume has been light since then. 1.85m shares = ~ 3.1% of the capital so I would think they still have ~ a million still to be sold, (even if it was them selling this lot).

Had wonder thru Glassons in One of Melbournes CBD Malls yesterday, was one of the busier Fast Fashion stores I saw in my travels yesterday, I was surprised considering all the doom and gloom comments I had been seeing on here of late.

That said foot traffic also doesn't necessarily translate to Sales. But I thought it was encouraging, KMD looked relatively Dry in comparison

Not long to wait for the trading update...I can't see it being good news. The $64,000 question, (a lot more for some shareholders), is has this already been factored into the price at $4.00 ?

Wonder how challenging it has been for Glassons in Oz

December retail a bit weak ..clothing got a special mention in this article

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...05-p50vqm.html