sharetrader
Page 190 of 899 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 8983
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Crickey .. if they take any longer they may as well wait to the actual 6 month results.
    Now, that was worth waiting for, wasn't it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mow don’t think like that mate ......

.......but the 7% odd for me is pretty pleasing ......might even hang around for the 20 cent dividend in April or whenever ....and when the share price will be well over $5
    They have historically paid close to 100% of npat out, sometimes 110%.

My gut says they hold a little back and we get 20c of the c. 25c EPS so they have some in the kitty to support a final of 20c also.

40cps for the year in dividends is 12.9% gross yield, or on a cost base of $3 its 18.5% - I feel like a cat licking cream

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    They have historically paid close to 100% of npat out, sometimes 110%.

My gut says they hold a little back and we get 20c of the c. 25c EPS so they have some in the kitty to support a final of 20c also.

40cps for the year in dividends is 12.9% gross yield, or on a cost base of $3 its 18.5% - I feel like a cat licking cream
    Dogs like cream too
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

I have been a participant/ contributor/reason in this unprecedent perfect storm number 2.

I bought a pale powder blue polo shirt yest from Hallys im diversifying, not just T shirts now, some invisible philanthropic force guided me in there.
    I hope all holders support their company this way and feel the force as one approaches a hallys, just follow it dont fight it and buy..

Unfortunately atp i buy my underwear from farmers , sorry about that.

Its hard keeping 100% of your faith in the cloth that hallys bought. But im a seersucker for having faith in a suit, which im looking to buy next. If all holders buy a suit with free shirt and tye for $199, think what the next results will look like , perfect storm no3.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-02-2018 at 09:33 AM.

I don't know if anyone has seen their recent campaign either, but they have signed up four Instagram stars including the lead star of the hit Netflix show Riverdale. Its very smart marketing and I've been following their Instagram and over the last few days their Instagram following has increased significantly. It appeals to woman who tell their man to shop at Hallensteins and it also appeals to men because these Instagram stars are popular and cool.

They really are coming out 'hip clothing' more regularly nailing the kind of Melbourne feel. The transformation in brand imagine between the old 'Hallensteins' to 'Hallensteins Brothers' is really quite something and they've started to nail the image of what it means to be a 'brother'.

This sounds like a sales pitch but there has been a serious shift in marketing over the last year.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Just thinking that when Solomon Lew has sorted Myer out (or its gone into administration) he might get interested in the rising star of women’s fashion in Australia and buy Hallensteins.

The Glassons turnaround and growth in Australia and even in NZ would not have gone unnoticed by Lew, his own brands might be suffering a bit.

Hallensteins big wigs not getting any younger and might be ready to cash up at the top of the cycle.
    I very much doubt even Solomon Lew can sort out Myers.Ongoing leases and staff entitlements will leave nothing for shareholders.Lew does have the added problem of being a major supplier to Myer.
    Maybe HLG big wigs are getting a little older,but watch how the young Glasson is performing.No reason for the Glasson family to sell.

Just in case you think $6 plus is a pipe dream I'll repost this chart from a few months ago

Even at $6 still only a PE of 13/14

But don't forget HLG a bit cyclical eh so don't think the party will last forever ....but OK for a a year or so
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Not a bad opening up 40c

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Momentum really building !!!! To see what I mean solve this equation :-
    In early December they announced sales were up 15% for the first 17 weeks of the half year.
    They have just announced sales are up 19.4% for the 26 weeks.
    How much must sales have been up for the last 9 weeks to lift the total for the half year to jump a further 4.4% ?
    I know the answer and its stunning and will post it later if nobody else works it out...
    Just helping you guys brush up on your analytical and mathematical skills.
    I'm going to go with 27.71% up over the last 9 weeks. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I very much doubt even Solomon Lew can sort out Myers.Ongoing leases and staff entitlements will leave nothing for shareholders.Lew does have the added problem of being a major supplier to Myer.
    Maybe HLG big wigs are getting a little older,but watch how the young Glasson is performing.No reason for the Glasson family to sell.
    Yes I think its perfectly clear that young Glasson is getting serious traction with Glassons in Australia and they see huge potential with 5 x the market size over there.
    Seems strange to think of HLG as a growth stock but I said it before, people need to change their thinking from HLG just being a yield story and consider Glassons expansionary prospects in Australia.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine