sharetrader
Page 191 of 899 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post
    I'm going to go with 27.71% up over the last 9 weeks. Am I right?
    Well done ! I got 27.5% but was rounding things to make the math's a little easier. Awesome traction with sales growth and that growth was on top of strong sales growth last year and this year was generated at significantly better gross margin without the need for too much discounting. Hugely encouraging for long term shareholders to see the company getting such an unprecedented rate of sales growth.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well done ! I got 27.5% but was rounding things to make the math's a little easier. Awesome traction with sales growth and that growth was on top of strong sales growth last year and this year was generated at significantly better gross margin without the need for too much discounting. Hugely encouraging for long term shareholders to see the company getting such an unprecedented rate of sales growth.
    HLG would be the only stock I can think of at present, where the eps growth is well over two times the PE ratio.
    In fact it is nearer three times.!!!..And all the time we can enjoy the MONSTER dividends.
    As always we remain "well positioned".!!..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    HLG would be the only stock I can think of at present, where the eps growth is well over two times the PE ratio.
    In fact it is nearer three times.!!!..And all the time we can enjoy the MONSTER dividends.
    As always we remain "well positioned".!!..lol.
    Very well positioned indeed. Have another look at SUM Percy. Growth this year 35-40% in underlying profit about to be reported. Average last 6 years growth in underlying profit ~ 45% and on a forward underlying PE of approx 14. PEG ratio of just 0.35 and strong sector tailwinds for the next 20-25 years suggests deep value and a great long term hold.

Anyway back to HLG. There's no way in the world they're getting stellar sales growth like this just out of their N.Z. operations. Things must be really gaining momentum in Australia for them which gives huge encouragement going forward due to the massive size of the market over there and huge potential.
    Young Glasson taking the lead in Australia with his role there gave a useful insight into how much potential HLG see over there.
    Really looking forward to the detail of all this in the half year announcement hopefully just before Easter, (not sure how they would release the half year result on March 30 seeing as that's Good Friday)
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Very well positioned indeed. Have another look at SUM Percy. Growth this year 35-40% in underlying profit about to be reported. Average last 6 years growth in underlying profit ~ 45% and on a forward underlying PE of approx 14. PEG ratio of just 0.35 and strong sector tailwinds for the next 20-25 years suggests deep value and a great long term hold.
    Even better when the SUM you hold are "free ones"..!!!!.lol.
    They joined the RYM "free ones".
    OCA are the odd ones out at present,works out my av price is about 61 cents,ie brought at 82/84 cents,sold half at $1.05/$!.06.

Even better when the SUM you hold are "free ones"..!!!!.lol.
    They joined the RYM "free ones".
    OCA are the odd ones out at present,works out my av price is about 61 cents,ie brought at 82/84 cents,sold half at $1.05/$!.06.
    You're as cunning as a hungry beagle

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    The transformation in brand imagine between the old 'Hallensteins' to 'Hallensteins Brothers' is really quite something and they've started to nail the image of what it means to be a 'brother'.
    Your are right about the transformation that has taken place. Hallensteins of old was a reliable (but boring) place to go for middle-of-the-road clothes.

I guess I'm way too boring and old to be a 'brother' these days (I'm in the "Dad" mould now - embarrassing "Dad jokes" included).

I went to buy a jacket a while ago from Hallensteins Brothers and tried one on. I thought that it was a bit tight -- however the sales rep was suggested that they could have it altered to make it tighter! I guess that 'brothers' don't need to move their arms these days.

... so I think that they have moved on from serving me as a customer but I am happy as a shareholder if they can pump out the profits and dividends.

Thanks to all the posters on ST that led me to buy into this retail stock.

percy

You're as cunning as a hungry beagle
    "
    Talking of which, we enjoyed a very pleasant morning tea on Monday at "The Fat Beagle",Darfield.
    Nice scones.

"
    Talking of which, we enjoyed a very pleasant morning tea on Monday at "The Fat Beagle",Darfield.
    Nice scones.
    LOL Love the name. Looks like everyone else loves their food too going off their facebook score. https://www.facebook.com/thefatbeagle/
    Gotta love the way they have two real Beagle's to make the name authentic. Jealous much !!!!!
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You guys laughed at me i posted that last October

plenty o be had sub 275 wasn't there
    About 18 months ago

HLG were headed for oblivion I believe

Remember those days beagle
    Last edited by winner69; 16-02-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    About 18 months ago

Remember those days beagle
    I sure do !!! Woof Woof...super returns for the early dividend hounds Back in those days you needed to have ear muffs though due to the chorus of bleating that retail as dead
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2018 at 11:19 AM.