sharetrader
Page 550 of 899 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 8983
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NZSA sort of hinting HLG should repay wage subsidies or not pay recent dividends?

They say that “Directors are obligated to act in the best interests of the company.” and the wage subsidy provided short-term financial stability.

But then they make the comment “For a consumer-focused company like Hallenstein Glassons, reputation risk may also be a longer-term ‘best interests’ consideration for the Board. In that context, we note the company paid an interim dividend of 15 cents per share in September 2020 and will pay a final dividend of 24 cents per share in December 2020 (totalling $26 million for both payments).

Hmm
    Wow Winner. Wait for the avalanche coming your way from the likes of Beagle and Balance that are all in favour of corporate welfare when it suits them. Some valued posters have left the forum after the abuse they received for daring to disagree on this issue with the moral superiors ! I'm already running back to my den to hibernate.

NZSA sort of hinting HLG should repay wage subsidies or not pay recent dividends?

They say that “Directors are obligated to act in the best interests of the company.” and the wage subsidy provided short-term financial stability.

But then they make the comment “For a consumer-focused company like Hallenstein Glassons, reputation risk may also be a longer-term ‘best interests’ consideration for the Board. In that context, we note the company paid an interim dividend of 15 cents per share in September 2020 and will pay a final dividend of 24 cents per share in December 2020 (totalling $26 million for both payments).

Hmm
    Ecclesiastes 12 v 12 springs very readily to mind.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wow Winner. Wait for the avalanche coming your way from the likes of Beagle and Balance that are all in favour of corporate welfare when it suits them. Some valued posters have left the forum after the abuse they received for daring to disagree on this issue with the moral superiors ! I'm already running back to my den to hibernate.
    The NZSA representative might bring it up at the ASM to get the Boards view .. that could be interesting.

The NZSA didn’t specifically say yes or no ...but the ‘reputational risk’ comment was interesting.

Pity it’s not an online virtual meeting.

I did email them saying I was donating my divie to a charity as a matter of principle. Got no reply.
    Last edited by winner69; 04-12-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The argument is already over as far as I am concerned. Even a politically insensitive dog like me knows there's no point barking any more if there's nothing worth barking about. I'm sure you'll be "shocked" to learn that I am very comfortable with their decision
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...wage-subsidies
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hmm
    as myself hinted a while back to much abuse it is a reputational risk for a consumer facing brand. duke at briscoes realised this and paid it back pretty quick
    one step ahead of the herd

Clothing sector sales on fire in Oz ....October Retail Sales ex ABS ... Westpac report “The majority of store types saw increased turnover in October. The strongest growth was in clothing (6.6%),.......”

Even better - if footwear and other stuff are stripped out clothing itself up 10.6%

Westpac use seasonally adjusted data
    Last edited by winner69; 05-12-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Guru

Thank you for the post winner (n) . We dont check Aussi stats often enough. Europe stats take time. Govt stats are not specific enough and sector stats are best double checked direct.

Demographic and state stats, break down by state and then behaviour of the shoppers in a state.

Note: Victoria numbers were up over 5%.

All States.

Pivot tables ..Retail..in Millions.
    AUS
    2019;
    OCT = 2126
    2020;
    OCT = 2083

2020 Quarterly % Variances.

March = -11
    June = -22
    Sep = + 35
    Last edited by Waltzing; 05-12-2020 at 11:37 AM.

I reckon covid caused HLG sales to drop about $15m in the April/July period (the last 4 months of F20)

Wonder how much of this they have recovered in August/November period? Have things got back on track to more normal times (underlying growth) or were the bulk of those sales lost forever?

We should have an idea tomorrow or Tuesday
    Last edited by winner69; 06-12-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Guru

Yes winner(n) we await and wish all holders good numbers for xmas.

Retail Sales in Aus usually jump up by a good margin in december.

Legend

Out of interest - any guesses where HLG's SP would be at if it was dual listed in Oz ?

Take into account just less than 60 mil shares
    A reasonably tight Share register
    A Retail track record in a volatile sector beaten by few if any others
    A Dividend track record fully imputed similarly beaten by few if any others
    Low P/E compared to others in a rising market
    A Survivor which has beaten off others in Oz & in sector where many others have fallen over in their droves
    or come cap in hand for large Stakeholder Cap raises (None of that with HLG)
    Last edited by nztx; 06-12-2020 at 03:01 PM.