sharetrader
Page 362 of 899 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 8983
    percy

HLG.November sales are twice October's,while December's are twice November's.[not a lot of people know that].lol.

Dilettante

Thanks for your good feedback Percy. Much appreciated.

percy

The Glassons business in Australia is a good deal different from Glassons NZ.
    For a start there is a huge temperature difference between The Gold Coast and Melbourne.So winter season clothing must be brought to suit the locations.
    Australian fashion has a bit more of an "edge" to it.Leads NZ. [Bondi store.very edgy]
    Glassons Australia is run by Australians.James Glasson even spoke like an Australian.!
    The two Australian directors play a big part .I am not sure whether James said Tim Glasson or Mary Devine were over there every two or three weeks.Plenty of support from the board.
    Having the new distribution centre,new and upgraded stores, together with outlet stores gives me the impression James and his team are ready for the next growth stage.
    Funding for the continued dividend and expansion comes from their strong balance sheet,and their excellent logistics, meaning better stock turns and better stock clear out.
    Margin is higher in Australia,however overheads are higher too,so net profit balances out.
    One thing I think I was wrong about.I always thought Mary Devine was just keeping the MD's seat warm for James Glasson.Today I very much doubt James will be brought back to NZ,as he is doing such a good job in Australia,and loving doing it.
    Last edited by percy; 11-12-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Banned

Nice big divvy in the bank early this morning, half going on tax and the other half into more HLG shares.

Indications retail spend is pretty strong https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...ing-86-billion
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Indications retail spend is pretty strong https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...ing-86-billion
    Could be a record half year for HLG in NZ coming up

They keep sending me emails saying I’m Awesome - if they say that I must be
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could be a record half year for HLG in NZ coming up

They keep sending me emails saying I’m Awesome - if they say that I must be
    There's no question mate, you are awesome ! Merry Christmas
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6118210665001 Looks like chaos at the malls today. Glad I slept in and chose to avoid the madness.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...han-boxing-day

"Underlying spending for the key group of merchants was 0.4 per cent below Boxing Day last year.

Spending was up for the likes of sport equipment retailers, up 5.6 per cent, and hardware stores saw a 6.6 per cent increase but clothing and footwear stores saw a 7.6 per cent decline in sales from 2018"

Punters busy spending their money elsewhere this year

"Liquor stores were the big winners with a 14.2 per cent increase in spending on Boxing day"

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...han-boxing-day

"Underlying spending for the key group of merchants was 0.4 per cent below Boxing Day last year.

Spending was up for the likes of sport equipment retailers, up 5.6 per cent, and hardware stores saw a 6.6 per cent increase but[B] clothing and footwear stores saw a 7.6 per cent decline in sales from 2018"[/bold]

Punters busy spending their money elsewhere this year

"Liquor stores were the big winners with a 14.2 per cent increase in spending on Boxing day"
    No worries about clothes - punters don’t buy clothes on fine Boxing Days and most had bought on Black Friday anyway
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”