sharetrader
Page 288 of 899 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388788 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    Well, that's a wrap folks! Another outstanding performance!
    The least you can do to be somewhat fair is to date those posts but in response I would simply say welcome to the real world mate where things change. The smart money realises this and does something about it and yes doubling your money plus many outstanding dividends in two years is a truly outstanding performance (of which anyone who followed this lead dog should be extremely pleased and grateful for the barking).

I guess you could do a monkey or possum and stare into the headlights and wonder what hit you and afterwards vent your frustration...doesn't require as much effort that way does it. I guess monkey's can throw rocks but they're not so good at sniffing out a feed eh

I barked very clearly it was a buy at $2.70 and also very clearly that it was full and fair value at $5.50 just over two years later and yet some people want to call me a bad dog...go figure...
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well, that's a wrap folks! Another outstanding performance!
    i must say, i had a good chuckle at this

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well welcome to the real world mate where things change. The smart money realises this and does something about it and yes doubling your money plus many outstanding dividends in two years is a truly outstanding performance (of which anyone who followed this lead dog should be very well pleased and grateful for the barking).

I guess you could do a monkey or possum and stare into the headlights and wonder what hit you and afterwards vent your frustration...doesn't require as much effort to contribute though does it. Monkey's can throw rocks but they're not so good at sniffing out a feed eh

Oops, think my rock hit a nerve.

But no, no, you're probably right. Bad rock throwing Monkey! I'll just trawl through the thread again for your post that advises everyone that it's time to sell out cause we've hit a peak, I must've missed it, I mean if you're gonna be the 'lead dog' and all...……….. actually, truth be told, I'm a little pressed for time. Which post number was that again? I'm assuming it came days or weeks before the actual event, yes?

But no, no, you're probably right. Bad rock throwing Monkey! I'll just trawl through the thread again for your post that advises everyone that it's time to sell out cause we've hit a peak, I must've missed it, I mean if you're gonna be the 'lead dog' and all...……….. actually, truth be told, I'm a little pressed for time. Which post number was that again? I'm assuming it came days or weeks before the actual event, yes?
    I posted some time back that $5.50 was full and fair value and that I'd sold half, and again very recently... be a good chap and try and keep up. (Very convenient that you've run out of time now after being such a mischievous monkey) Sorry I don't have more time to reply to your mischief.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Macduffy — it’s really exciting when it doubles in price quite quickly at times. That gets it an inordinate amount of attention .....

.......and an inordinate amount of attention as the share price falls 20% then 30% then 49% and maybe even 50% as the punters debate whether it’s cheap or not

Nothing boring with HLG ....it’s either on a roll or down in the dumps.
    Yes, I must admit to a certain amount of tongue in cheek! A yield stock certainly, but a great stock to trade - so far, successfully.

Last edited by macduffy; 13-12-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I haven't enjoyed looking up the daily 'score' so much of late....... Some of my 'better' choices have stopped performing. BUT, they were my choices! I have really appreciated the comments from more experienced Sharetraders - I think about the 'words of wisdom' that are offered, whether positive or negative, and do a bit of 'in depth study'(I call it research) and make my decisions .... But nobody but me makes them. I deal through Direct Broking, and have always 'flown solo'. And I really thank more mature operators - Beagle, Couta, Balance..... to mention but a few, for their comments and insight - sadly their advice often comes to late for me but.... when I look at the score sheet I have had some very helpful advice.
    If you are bleeding at present then look in the mirror...... there is always that balance between Greed and Fear....... But do not blame anyone else.

Dilettante

I think it would be quite interesting to hear from the people that often seem to sell at the top (not referrirng to any particular poster), what they do with their money. If they said "I sold this and did this with my money",I'd be more interested and we would get a better comparison a few weeks or months down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I posted some time back that $5.50 was full and fair value and that I'd sold half, and again very recently... be a good chap and try and keep up. (Very convenient that you've run out of time now after being such a mischievous monkey) Sorry I don't have more time to reply to your mischief.
    beagle you trader
    one step ahead of the herd

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

I`ll stick my head up over the parapet in Beagles defense, not that he needs it.

It's pretty rich of you to start publicly bagging someone for your current pain using only the parts that suit your story. There are sufficient posts saying that the, once strong advocates, of HLG are selling. To save you time, not that I think you will bother, here are but a few.
    #2549, #2550,#2555,#2563 - look around August 2018. Beagle is pretty clear he is getting nervous about the heady share price.

This behaviour should stay on hot copper , everyone in love on the way up and the same people at each other's throats on the way down.
    Last edited by Maverick; 13-12-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I`ll stick my head up over the parapet in Beagles defense, not that he needs it.

It's pretty rich of you to start publicly bagging someone for your current pain using only the parts that suit your story. There are sufficient posts saying that the, once strong advocates, of HLG are selling. To save you time, not that I think you will bother, here are but a few.
    #2549, #2550,#2555,#2563 - look around August 2018. Beagle is pretty clear he is getting nervous about the heady share price.

This behaviour should stay on hot copper , everyone in love on the way up and the same people at each other's throats on the way down.
    Thanks mate and congrats to you for picking the absolute top around $6.30 !
    Yeah as far back as early August in post #2440 I made it clear at $5.50 that I thought the shares were fully priced, hence the reason I sold half. Plenty of others like you were also questioning whether it had run out of steam in the late $5s and early $6 range.

I think people (especially those that hardly ever contribute) should be very grateful that some experienced investors like you and I and others take the time to share their research and thoughts. Post #2549 was especially for a friend of mine with a very large holding but also for others. I am very disappointed for him that he didn't take more notice especially after I know he followed me in at the bottom. Your post #2555, also very clear. Maybe the newbies are waiting for us to part the Red Sea as a sign that things have changed and its time to get out lol

Now..getting back to business and looking for the next opportunity.... seeing as you're obviously an absolute legend when it comes to picking the top, can you please tell me if OCA at $1.10 has bottomed out ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-12-2018 at 08:43 PM.