sharetrader
Page 180 of 899 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 8982
    IMO

Brilliant clever culinary marketing, xmas cakes stuck on to t-shirts!! love the imagination and creativity here.Am off now to pick up some ,on special?.Laters.....

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Winner69.
    Although it may appear that today's best buys at Pak "n Save was solely on price.ie $3.99 for Pams 1kg Iced Xmas cake,and Ernest Adams 1kg Iced Xmas cake,also $3.99 ,the real reason was to do with the Percy taste comparison with Copland's Iced Xmas cake, that proved to be my favourite last year.
    I was a bit slow off the mark buying only one Copland's Iced Xmas cake when they were half price,and they were sold out when I went back for more, so there has been a gap that needs filling.
    Got to be quick off the mark to get quality at a good price eh percy

Ray Coupland’s other great love is racehorses. Most of his horse have COUP in their name somewhere. He has a horse in the big race at Trentham today......possibly named with you in mind being a pretty savvy investor.

So Wellington Race 7 No 11 SAVVY COUP is the omen bet of the day

The stars are aligned for success at 4.33 ....just watch the horse with the jacket wearing white silks with a picture of a red bakers hat on his back (with blue sleeves and a red hat)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

just chewing over if the recent spike in the SP is over cooked.
    pros...USA just had its busiest Christmas sales since GFC, Aussy and Nz had a terrific season too.Weather is hot,USD at an elevated level ,HLG suggesting a 50% profit increase on the cards, increasing quality online presence,no debt, and wait there's more...... high divi not too far away.
    cons....recent sp spike.potential Amazon arrival.(I just can't see that being a worry in apparel).

Its hard not to see the company doing extremely well for the rest of the season. IMO the SP is on its way to $4.50-60 pretty soon. Then it's what winter brings after that.

Super Investor

Winner69.
    Although it may appear that today's best buys at Pak "n Save was solely on price.ie $3.99 for Pams 1kg Iced Xmas cake,and Ernest Adams 1kg Iced Xmas cake,also $3.99 ,the real reason was to do with the Percy taste comparison with Copland's Iced Xmas cake, that proved to be my favourite last year.
    You know Rays recipes are from The Edmonds Cook Book.
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Got to be quick off the mark to get quality at a good price eh percy

Ray Coupland’s other great love is racehorses. Most of his horse have COUP in their name somewhere. He has a horse in the big race at Trentham today......possibly named with you in mind being a pretty savvy investor.

So Wellington Race 7 No 11 SAVVY COUP is the omen bet of the day

The stars are aligned for success at 4.33 ....just watch the horse with the jacket wearing white silks with a picture of a red bakers hat on his back (with blue sleeves and a red hat)
    Savvy ran a great race ...third beaten a neck and nose. Race won the hotshot.

Paid $2.20 a place but I managed / fluked the tri of $150

percy

Savvy ran a great race ...third beaten a neck and nose. Race won the hotshot.

Paid $2.20 a place but I managed / fluked the tri of $150
    Well done.

The Pam's Iced Xmas cake may not have been the best buy today......??....lol.
    Get through it first before starting on the Ernest Adams one.

Well done.

The Pam's Iced Xmas cake may not have been the best buy today......??....lol.
    Get through it first before starting on the Ernest Adams one.
    Good one

Did that Ernest Adams delivery truck that meant missing years ago ever turn up?

Easter buns already on the shelves

percy

Good one

Did that Ernest Adams delivery truck that meant missing years ago ever turn up?

Easter buns already on the shelves
    Don't know about the missing truck,but when I went to the factory to complain about there Peanut Brownies I realised they had not keep up with the times.Like going into a factory that had not changed for 50 years.Most probably hadn't."
    "Yes we had a batch of faulty peanuts.we did not know where the stock went to"
    Think the MD was our old friend Barney Sundstrum,who was best avoided.
    Last edited by percy; 14-01-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Watching CNBC this morning and they had a segment on the revitalization of retail. Really was a first half, second half story in the U.S.
    First half, Amazon will kill everything and retail contracted to GFC level multiples. Second half retailers as a group are up 41%, that's the average for the average retailer as realization that online has its limitations and Amazon cannot be everything to everybody, (reality check if you like).
    If we compare HLG's performance on 17 July 2017 HLG was $3.10. If it had gone up 41%, (ignoring dividends) it would now be $4.37. I suppose considering its outsized December dividend you could make the case that HLG has only gone up based on the average.
    Here's the thing. I think their sales performance and resulting expected profit growth is well and truly above average so perhaps a further rerating is warranted ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-01-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well apparently clothing sales were down 2% in December which I thought was a bit strange considering our summer so Hallensteins is clearly well above trend!

Here is the link

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11975970
    Last edited by JeremyALD; 17-01-2018 at 09:15 AM.