sharetrader
Page 414 of 899 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 8982
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Was someone on here telling us it was all good because one is holding for the dividend (so share price doesn't matter) or something like that? And a bit of a worry NPAT was already going backwards (prior to things turning even worse - mainly, the NZD going down further against the USD and not being able to do business for at least 4 weeks, probably longer)... no worries, being in business over 100 years is certainly a nice story, and hopefully that story continues.
    More bad news to come I suspect. GLH.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    For the year.

Best case -25%, worse case -75%

Comparable in size/scale to HLG but different sector of the market.
    Interesting, I had this pencilled as -30% for the year as base case.

I still contend strategic withdrawal from Aussie is very likely
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I still contend strategic withdrawal from Aussie is very likely
    Okay, I'll take the bait. I am curious mate. Why do you think that's likely ?
    Glassons have been growing really strongly over there and profitability has been very good there too, up until now of course.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Mall owners don’t operate on standard ADLS leases so no generic escape/access clause as per other commercial property operators. No doubt the malls will offer concessions but you would imagine it’s still a huge hit to HLG bottom line, what’s the monthly staff/lease liabilities at the moment ?

I agree with beagle, I don’t see why they would kill the golden goose because it isn’t expected to lay an egg for a few months.

Thanks for that info boysy have just googled that.

Veteran novice

I would think that Hallensteins and Glassons would be regarded as anchor tenants in a lot of malls and that owners would be keen to keep them. If concessions are necessary I'd expect to see some mutually beneficial solutions.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I would think that Hallensteins and Glassons would be regarded as anchor tenants in a lot of malls and that owners would be keen to keep them. If concessions are necessary I'd expect to see some mutually beneficial solutions.
    Sorry, but I would have to completely disagree... I would be very surprised if Hallensteins and Glassons were considered anchor tenants in any mall/complex, so they would not be able to throw their weight around like a typical Farmers or The Warehouse of JB Hifi would... however there is likely to be 'somewhat' of a solution to help... whether it is mutually beneficial (aka both sides benefit the same) I am not too sure on either... I would think Hallensteins and Glassons would be very lucky if it was mutually beneficial.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 30-03-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Advanced Member

Dito I would not call HGL an anchor tenant at all they are no supermarket or farmers or Kmart their floor area is modest in most malls compared to other retailers afterall. This could be different throughout the country but not the case in any Auckland malls .....

They got a few million in the bank but that won’t last long

Be a new experience for them talking to banks for a loan to tide them over
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”