sharetrader
Page 500 of 899 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    5 mill if they pay back the wage susidy.
    As long as they don't pay back the Aussie subsidies it will be sweet as

Probably paying rent now as well after having a holiday or two
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

You have to admire those kids who do circular deliveries collecting the wage subsidy while in lockdown eh

Got $350 a week when they probably would have only got a pittance of work was available

Missed by that much

HLG did not get the subsidy. Their employees got it. Are you asking the employees to pay it back?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    HLG did not get the subsidy. Their employees got it. Are you asking the employees to pay it back?
    Did Briscoes employees pay it back? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder how much the cash mountain has shrunk by
    Note 1 to the accounts is very interesting....among other things "Placing capital projects on hold"
    I can't help but wonder how much they normally spend on capex in a year ?
    Maybe the cash mountain is growing ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

i think its outragous that hallensteins paid a dividend and took the wage subsidy at the same time. they should be boycotted for not paying it back
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Note 1 to the accounts is very interesting....among other things "Placing capital projects on hold"
    I can't help but wonder how much they normally spend on capex in a year ?
    Maybe the cash mountain is growing ?
    Averages $8m odd a year ....but did spend $20m in 2019 (distribution centre OZ?) but only $7m in 2020

Betcha cash mountain nowhere near $50m next report

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Averages $8m odd a year ....but did spend $20m in 2019 (distribution centre OZ?) but only $7m in 2020

Betcha cash mountain nowhere near $50m next report
    I'll take that bet if nowhere near is defined as being outside a range of $40 - $60m. Put a beer on it. I think their financial position will remain extremely robust.
    Fact is we know that the ~ $50m on hand at balance date included the interim dividend which had been held back ($9m) so adjusted for that it was $41m.
    Supplier payment terms change is likely to be enduring so I will assume no change there at the half year point, no capex, so there's say $5m saved in a so called "normal" half year and the 24 cent divvy to be paid in December is highly likely to be less than the earnings in this six months so all up I think the cash on hand at the half year point will be quite similar to the extremely robust cash position they were in at balance date which represented cash on hand of 83 cps.
    (N.B. Depreciation was $8.4m per annum in 2019 before the accounting change came in).
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-10-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'll take that bet if nowhere near is defined as being outside a range of $40 - $60m. Put a beer on it.
    Fact is we know that the ~ $50m on hand at balance date included the interim dividend which had been held back ($9m) so adjusted for that it was $41m.
    Supplier payment terms change is likely to be enduring so I will assume no change there at the half year point, no capex, so there's say $5m and the 24 cent divvy to be paid in December is highly likely to be less than the earnings in this six months so all up I think the cash on hand at the half year point will be quite similar to the extremely robust cash position they were in at balance date which represented cash on hand of 83 cps.
    And if you lose the bet, Beagle, hopefully it's because they've handed out a fair bit of that cash by way of a special divvy...a possibility I think you may have alluded to a while back

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    And if you lose the bet, Beagle, hopefully it's because they've handed out a fair bit of that cash by way of a special divvy...a possibility I think you may have alluded to a while back
    I think that's quite unlikely but keep your eyes open for a record sized interim dividend in April 21 ! I reckon Tim Glasson loves those huge divvies with his 20% stake just as much as other shareholders do
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-10-2020 at 04:12 PM.