sharetrader
Page 186 of 899 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 8982

Is Trademe pushing for free delivery a challenge to the likes of HLG brands. What impact on margins?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Absolutely none. There is no such thing as "free delivery" . These costs just get pushed on to price as the margins for sellers on Trade me are already paper thin. This is just another revenue grab by an incompetent CEO. Might even work in favour of HLG as more NZ based sellers go to the wall as they are forced to up the prices to cover the new fees.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Absolutely none. There is no such thing as "free delivery" . These costs just get pushed on to price as the margins for sellers on Trade me are already paper thin. This is just another revenue grab by an incompetent CEO. Might even work in favour of HLG as more NZ based sellers go to the wall as they are forced to up the prices to cover the new fees.
    Totally agree, it is just revenue grab - it will just force sellers to hike the price of the items or absorb the costs which will squeeze those margins. I think they will lose some decent sellers on Trade Me who will move on to creating their own websites and selling elsewhere. I already know of some traders when I buy off them, they email back with a link to a website which is of their website with very competitive pricing.
    Trade Me needs to innovate, not come up with these revenue grabbing schemes. People who are looking for particular items will visit store websites like HLG etc. as long as they stay competitive with the likes of Trade Me, they will be fine. They usually have better returns policy as well. Trade Me do have policies but they are just tick boxes to say they are doing something, they take no ownership in getting it resolved for a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty good announcement but not as stunning as I hoped but should please most on here.

Share price onwards and upwards methinks
    ??? Not showing any announcement on the NZX website yet ??? Do I need new glasses ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

I cant see any announcement either....is W69 pulling our leg?

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty good announcement but not as stunning as I hoped but should please most on here.

Share price onwards and upwards methinks
    Winner, have you already seen the long anticipated trading update?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Winner, have you already seen the long anticipated trading update?
    It will be coming tomorrow or Friday guys. I was assured by Stuart it will be by close of week. It seemed they were finding it hard to get all the board together

IMO

Think w69 is at Oriental Bay prempting/ predicting again. It was a perfect storm for HLG , but a hard act to duplicate/ replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Think w69 is at Oriental Bay prempting/ predicting again.
    Maybe our friend found some special herbs down there that he ate with his breakfast this morning that gave him a prophetic vision
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Pump and dump