sharetrader
Page 224 of 899 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 8983
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Don't blame yourself ... buying at the top is one of these things everybody can see so much better with 20/20 hindsight ;
    Learn from your mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    You position on this one is as changeable as the wind. BP good to see you comments.
    Not that often mate

Been a believer for a few years and company performance followed but believe macro environment has changed and things might not be as favourable for HLG in the next year.

Essentially traded these up from about 270 so done OK

Suppose you are out at the moment ...when is the wind going to change for you?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Percy mentioned noodles analysis on how fx impacts HLG margins

That was his post from July 2015
    New CEO now and much less discounting makes that post almost irrelevant in my opinion. This time it really is different as witnessed by margin and dramatic profit expansion in Australia, something that wasn't even on the radar in 2015.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-05-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    New CEO now and much less discounting makes that post almost irrelevant in my opinion. This time it really is different as witnessed by margin and dramatic profit expansion in Australia, something that wasn't even on the radar in 2015.
    Really.////////???????????????
    Pleased it is different this time.
    Petrol prices tell me it is no different......................................... ...........................
    Last edited by percy; 24-05-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Really.////////???????????????
    Pleased it is different this time.
    Petrol prices tell me it is no different......................................... ...........................
    High fuel costs often puts a damper on retail activity eh percy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

High fuel costs often puts a damper on retail activity eh percy
    Yes in number of ways.
    Imported stock costs more,and you can not increase certain price points,without killing sales.
    Freight and delivery charges increase.
    Higher fuel costs mean customers have less to spend.etc etc.

ps.Great for exporters.

Banned

You guys are only guessing, you have no idea of what sort of growth is going to come out of the Aussie operation over the next while. PS-Higher fuel costs can also lead to a certain % of the population using alternative methods of transport and shouting themselves a nice piece of kit from HLG lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Learn from your mistakes
    Good in theory... problem is that with a complex environment like the share market, most mistakes are characterized by different sets of contributing factors. Good luck LOL.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Not that often mate

Been a believer for a few years and company performance followed but believe macro environment has changed and things might not be as favourable for HLG in the next year.

Essentially traded these up from about 270 so done OK

Suppose you are out at the moment ...when is the wind going to change for you?
    No guessing her Couta, that is what changed for me...those in the middle are going to see their disposable incomes squeezed, need to be one of the chosen ones...those teacher and nurses will need their lofty pay hopes realised so someone in the middle has the disposable income to buy.

I have cashed up most NZ shares as a result of micro and macro changes here and as I have not been as watchful of late...

Forex, inherent limitations to hedging, pay parity claims, the living wage for some and I think inflation revisited certain does not help the average battler..only the stars will do well and they do not spend all that much at HLG.

My largest asset, a private business in the US has a windfall gain thanks to Trumps tax cuts so doubling down my energy on that one and partly selling out, nice to see the business revalued :-) They tell me fiscally the tax will have to be reverse in 3-5 years through. That Trump is a winner... ah winner? :-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Good in theory... problem is that with a complex environment like the share market, most mistakes are characterized by different sets of contributing factors. Good luck LOL.
    Well said, the share market always has more lessons to teach us, just when we think we have it sussed, we find we haven't.