sharetrader
Page 412 of 899 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 8982
    Guru

HLG confirming they are going to have virtually no revenue for the next 4 weeks (nearly 10% of the year)
    Yet going to have plenty of bills to pay still.
    As I've said many times before, retail is risky and tough.. being around 100 years or so and having no debt will help, but it won't guarantee you survive.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/348525

Not great... profit going backwards and future uncertain
    They sounded the alarm (when reading between the lines) over 5 weeks ago... turned out to be very uncertain future indeed... and absolutely stunning that the share price rises on this kind of news.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 26-03-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    HLG confirming they are going to have virtually no revenue for the next 4 weeks (nearly 10% of the year)
    Yet going to have plenty of bills to pay still.
    As I've said many times before, retail is risky and tough.. being around 100 years or so and having no debt will help, but it won't guarantee you survive.
    Yes but they are in the same boat as everyone else in the retail sector. Surely everyone won't go under. Many will survive and they are probably in a better place than anyone else.

IMO

China is getting back up to speed so yes there will be supply line probs but maybe some revenue from online sales? Pipi to me its more about whether HLG is a good investment proposition atm. Disclose not a holder atpit.

Online sales in N.Z. closed, only online sales in Australia for now, for as long as permitted https://www.nzx.com/announcements/350722
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"....."..................
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2020 at 01:46 PM.

[QUOTE=winner69;802507]Kathmandu sending online orders to nz from Australia

That would fit into non essential, couriers told not to deliver non essential goods, ports are saying they will run out of space for essential goods

Some lucky punters must be 50+% up on this one this week. Really do have to wonder why it's gone up so quickly and if it will actually hold.

Cats out of the bag Monday and probably won't be pretty.........

The thing about fashion retailers is they are going to be left with a ridiculous amount of stock they have not sold. They would of ordered their autumn and winter season in advance (usually fashion plans at least 6 months ahead). They are going to have to sell down their stock significantly when this lifts. Even if there's huge demand, a month without trade is too much to catch up on.

Farmers will be hit even harder I imagine

I bought some of these yesterday. A small amount to cover FOMO, with a plan to average down.

I now regret that.

I was thinking that they are still under priced considering the percentage damage to income from lockdown.

I did not consider longer term currency damage or upcoming recession.

Oh well, still under my long term goal to pay less than $3.20 for this cyclic stock.