sharetrader
Page 10 of 899 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

PEB's gain - HLG's pain:

https://www.nzx.com/regulators/NZXO/...cements/248111

kicked out of the NZX50 - fasten seatbelts for another share price drop?

On the other hand - if it drops deep enough, than there might be some buying opportunities we otherwise wouldn't have had ...

discl: not (yet?) holding;

A couple of examples of why HLG needs to diversify into new channels or its value will continue to slide.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11228425

Quote Originally Posted by boofters View Post
    A couple of examples of why HLG needs to diversify into new channels or its value will continue to slide.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11228425
    That's quite an amazing effort by that dude ..... seems to be doing very well and probably can only get bigger.

Others might be inspired to do the same ..... even less sales for Hallensteins

Ordered one of their $46 blazers ..... have to wait a while while the man in China makes it but lets see what its like when it arrives .... cool enough for a ahretraders get together?

Quote Originally Posted by In4a$ View Post
    I was checking out there Botany and Manukau stores last weekend, lots of $10 or $20 specials, I used to think of them as a high end store, will have to sell a lot at $10, in whats a competive price bracket to get the sales and profits up. Plus the items on sale looked just the same as the ones in Farmers IMO
    Disc: Been a long time and happy holder recieving good Div payments, sold down in Aug, now think I'll pull out altogether, not confident they will make the profits they used to.
    "high end store" Hallensteins? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by False Profit View Post
    "high end store" Hallensteins? Really?
    Knew it was you I saw in 3 WISE MEN the other day stocking up on the shirts on 'special' at 100 bucks each

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Knew it was you I saw in 3 WISE MEN the other day stocking up on the shirts on 'special' at 100 bucks each
    $100 each? I'm hurt. I never pay less than $250 a shirt and need a certificate of authenticity to prove the buttons were sewn on by Heidi Klum herself.

Quote Originally Posted by False Profit View Post
    $100 each? I'm hurt. I never pay less than $250 a shirt and need a certificate of authenticity to prove the buttons were sewn on by Heidi Klum herself.
    another nail in a coffin...similar to the risks BGR shareholders have..we could call it IKEA01

http://www.3news.co.nz/Topshop-set-f...0/Default.aspx

So things didn't pick up when it got colder .....bloody consumers made sales go backwards. And margins seem to be down.

Today -

Performance for the second half of the year had shown some improvement on the first half results, but momentum had been insufficient to regain ground lost in the first half of the year.
    Second half sales were -2% on the prior corresponding period, with projected earnings -5% on pcp.

Bit worse than a few months ago -

The company advises that despite the warm winter in Australasia sales and margin for the group for the period 2 February to 22 June 2014 have remained marginally ahead of the prior corresponding period. June sales are currently tracking +2% on last year. Inventory levels remain well controlled
    Profit for the winter 2014 season is currently projected to be similar to winter 2013.

Well we can ignore that reduced profit because when you normalise it for normal weather, more normal interest rates e.t.c. profit would be steady ...i.e.do a Sky City

percy

Bit off topic,but with KMD and BRG being the only retailers doing well, I note neither of them are in Malls.
    Will we see Malls reduce their rents so their retailers can compete and survive? and if so, will the markets realise lower rents mean lower share prices as Mall capital valuations reduce?
    I expect HLG and other retailers to invest more in their on line offerrings.