sharetrader
Page 102 of 899 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think retailers are increasingly directing customers to their websites as well. Only yesterday my wife and I were directed to their websites by retail staff in both Mitre10 and Briscoes to buy online goods that they did not have in stock. We did.
    I have seen this on a Board I'm on however it really is often cannibalise a traditional sale by redirection or showrooming where you have the prevailing lowest price on the market. Generally this is split for management to try to determine the channel.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I have seen this on a Board I'm on however it really is often cannibalise a traditional sale by redirection or showrooming where you have the prevailing lowest price on the market. Generally this is split for management to try to determine the channel.
    I'm not sure if this is really cannabalising a sale if the alternative - where the item isn't in stock - is to send the potential customer to another retailer!

Handsome Member

Hi Guys,
    Just been following this thread and went back to read all the Hallenstein announcements.
    Which report/announcement have you guys fired up about the NPAT at 23-24mill?
    I agree with the price being undervalued but I have it around 17mill best case.....I think I am missing something. Can someone please direct me to something data.
    Much appreciated.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep mid 20's is forecast HLG profit this year - I reckon $23m/$24m which is just under 40 cents a share.
    Hey LAC, do you mean this quote? There should be an update in next 1 to 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hey LAC, do you mean this quote? There should be an update in next 1 to 4 weeks.
    I am starting to get a bit worried about this weather. Everyone is talking about how bad summer is in Auckland and Wellington around the office and looking at the forecast it's going to be crap here for the next ten days. There's also articles on the herald stating that summer is definitely later than usual.

Hallensteins aren't getting much luck with the weather, a warm winter and now an average summer? Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but I wouldn't be buying beach clothes at the moment that's for sure.

http://www.metservice.com/towns-citi...tral#!/ten-day Not one of the better summers so far in Auckland, I think that's a fair comment and the immediate outlook isn't especially brilliant.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yeah that quote.....its a pretty large number 23-24mill. Is that just a shot in the dark or has been made through some data being provided which shows revenue has grown and we are assuming the margins for that NPAT?
    Anyone else see NPAT at 23-24 million? Just like to know what you guys are expecting...

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I am starting to get a bit worried about this weather. Everyone is talking about how bad summer is in Auckland and Wellington around the office and looking at the forecast it's going to be crap here for the next ten days. There's also articles on the herald stating that summer is definitely later than usual.

Hallensteins aren't getting much luck with the weather, a warm winter and now an average summer? Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but I wouldn't be buying beach clothes at the moment that's for sure.
    You worry too much jeremy

Latest Stats NZ release on Card spend or December is headlined RECORD MONTH FOR CARD SPENDING

Apparel a pretty broad industry group but spend was up more than 4% on Dec 15

No worries

HLG still heading to well over $20m profit this year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Unsettled,changeable,cold and wet is great for the likes of HLG,because people can't go to the beach,they head for the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You worry too much jeremy

Latest Stats NZ release on Card spend or December is headlined RECORD MONTH FOR CARD SPENDING

Apparel a pretty broad industry group but spend was up more than 4% on Dec 15

No worries

HLG still heading to well over $20m profit this year
    I'm looking forward to the next announcement Winner perhaps my worries can disappear! Good thing is it's not far away