sharetrader
Page 109 of 899 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 8983
    percy

Last year's announcement was on the 5th Feb for the 6 month period ending 1st Feb 2016.
    So this year's announcement will be for the same 6 month period.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thanks perc. Must be taking them a lot longer to telly up all that extra millions they made over Christmas.

Or perhaps could be bad news and releasing it on Friday just before the long weekend (Waitangi Day)......................

percy

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Or perhaps could be bad news and releasing it on Friday just before the long weekend (Waitangi Day)......................
    Not so.
    In fact they are announcing their 6 months ended 1st February 2 days earlier than last year.
    Can't see any update before the end of the 6 month period, being really worthwhile.

Originally Posted by winner69
    looking back on the timing of updates

Really good or bad announcements mid Jan (like this week) and ordinary boring ones early Feb with full results end of March

But several times they have announced something mid January .......and they have been really good or bad ones

So if history repeats next weeks announcement will be so so ...a boring one

BUT IT WILL BE STUNNING .....has to be eh

Though did the market take fright yesterday - no, because in words of guru comentators it was just profit taking (possibly raz colecting his dividend early)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But several times they have announced something mid January .......and they have been really good or bad ones

Though did the market take fright yesterday - no, because in words of guru comentators it was just profit taking (possibly raz colecting his dividend early)
    Very light volume, only 19,300 traded. I find the the sp can swing up or down
    10c on a few thousand shares. Might be an interesting week leading up to Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Not pointing fingers but there was a lot of "very positive" comments on Thursday, some would call it ramping but I couldn't possibly suggest that and this thread was much quieter on Friday. SP followed tone of this thread, coincidence or did the very positive comments the previous day influence some buyers ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not pointing fingers but there was a lot of "very positive" comments on Thursday, some would call it ramping but I couldn't possibly suggest that and this thread was much quieter on Friday. SP followed tone of this thread, coincidence or did the very positive comments the previous day influence some buyers ?
    There was around 3% difference between the buy and sell orders at close on Thursday, with the price at the upper end. I think it's just the light volume, and due to the big jump on Thursday.

Lol, I doubt the comments on this thread would've made a material impact. Wasn't it just a couple of tiny parcels that pushed it up to $3.37?

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Lol, I doubt the comments on this thread would've made a material impact. Wasn't it just a couple of tiny parcels that pushed it up to $3.37?
    I must admit I sold a small share at $3.35. Still have kept the majority but thought the timing was pretty good to make a decent gain.

Hallensteins is trading on small volumes at the moment so tends to go + or - 10 cents over any couple of days. Interestingly it's pushed above $3.20 though which has been above the usual resistance. People are obviously feeling fairly confident about the announcement. It will be the first time we get a proper forcast too which will be great. Let's just hope it meets expectations!

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    That's because it's a relatively small, tightly held company. Less than 60m shares on issue of which Tim Glasson holds around 20%.