sharetrader
Page 11 of 899 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Agree percy, however a few of the bigger malls I regularly go in (following my wife I may add) spaces on the whole do not seem to stay vacant for long, however I note was in St Lukes recently (actually in this case was we were taking the children to the movies)and a medium sized space has been vacant for awhile now - was a $2 type of shop, there is another much larger one in close proximity. Both had/have a frontage to an entrance from the car park.

Whether , some think that "... if I can get into the mall, plenty of shoppers, it will be easy money..." only to find out something different.

Ezybuy seem to be able to Ok with mainly online only.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Agree percy, however a few of the bigger malls I regularly go in (following my wife I may add) spaces on the whole do not seem to stay vacant for long, however I note was in St Lukes recently (actually in this case was we were taking the children to the movies)and a medium sized space has been vacant for awhile now - was a $2 type of shop, there is another much larger one in close proximity. Both had/have a frontage to an entrance from the car park.

Whether , some think that "... if I can get into the mall, plenty of shoppers, it will be easy money..." only to find out something different.

Ezybuy seem to be able to Ok with mainly online only.
    Yes there is always some keen punter who opens a shop.
    Yet there are fewer and fewer decent stores.More and more "junk"and "rubbish"stores. Even the food court stores appear to be under pressure from the likes of McDonalds.
    Last Monday morning my wife ordered clothes on line from Ezibuy and we were most impressed that they arrived on Tuesday morning.Fantastic service.

Guru

Ventured into Hallensteins Dunedin today for the first time in hmmmm, perhaps 10 years? Looking for a pair of shorts - more in hope than expectation of the summer ahead.

The place was pumping, and quite busy. When I first entered there was a queue at the till, but soon disappeared. Service I got was friendly, helpful and served fast.

Been to Rodd & Gun, Country Road, Barkers, Arthur Barnetts and Mechano before Hallensteins. Some had sales on, but all were $90 - $130 per pair, with Mechano get the 2nd half price, and R&G 30% off.

Settled on 2 pairs from Hallensteins on promo for $60, normally $50 each. Reasonable quality, not quite as dressy as others, but they are shorts after all.

Would definitely go back, but am normally a bit of a brands type of guy - or probably more accurately that perception of quality and not being a cheap ass. They also had fast paced dance type music on. Think would keep the staff going all day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Ventured into Hallensteins Dunedin today for the first time in hmmmm, perhaps 10 years? Looking for a pair of shorts - more in hope than expectation of the summer ahead.

The place was pumping, and quite busy. When I first entered there was a queue at the till, but soon disappeared. Service I got was friendly, helpful and served fast.

Been to Rodd & Gun, Country Road, Barkers, Arthur Barnetts and Mechano before Hallensteins. Some had sales on, but all were $90 - $130 per pair, with Mechano get the 2nd half price, and R&G 30% off.

Settled on 2 pairs from Hallensteins on promo for $60, normally $50 each. Reasonable quality, not quite as dressy as others, but they are shorts after all.

Would definitely go back, but am normally a bit of a brands type of guy - or probably more accurately that perception of quality and not being a cheap ass. They also had fast paced dance type music on. Think would keep the staff going all day!!
    You Sir are a classic case in point of what I was just taking about on the KMD thread. People starting to question whether the big name brand premium is worth the money and its not just in clothing either.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

My dress "Heritage 1909" shorts came with two deep side pockets and two back pockets with buttons.
    Very flash.
    But what I enjoyed most was the price tag.$25.00 from Postie Plus.!!!

Percy, what is it with you and Postie Plus. Every retail related thread has you pimping them. Are you a big Postie Plus investor?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Percy, what is it with you and Postie Plus. Every retail related thread has you pimping them. Are you a big Postie Plus investor?
    I was once foolish enough to buy shares in Postie Plus.Held them just after Ron Boskill was appointed CEO.Took me over a year to realise what he said he would do,he could not do.I therefore sold.Think I brought at $1.00 and sold at 90 cents.
    On various "The King buys Postie Plus" threads I warned sharetraders of the dangers of buying Postie Plus.I was proved right as they went into liquidation and were sold to a South African company.
    However I still need to buy clothing.Casual trousers, both longs and shorts, prove to be difficult for me to buy.They do not have a back pocket for my wallet.That is why I was so excited to find what I wanted in a pair of shorts from Postie Plus.

Cool. That was a great escape you made from Postie Plus.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You Sir are a classic case in point of what I was just taking about on the KMD thread. People starting to question whether the big name brand premium is worth the money and its not just in clothing either.
    Haven't been reading the KMD thread, but you definitely won't catch me in one of their stores! Overpriced crap - double the price and then sell it out at half price.

Is that the right answer???

I go for value. Brand/quality at the right price!

Used HLG for Trade Me online shopping, quick delivery, and a free delivery special, nice product..item was modelled, quite impressed...Dont own any HLG but seriously tempted...