sharetrader
Page 118 of 899 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    All good back over 70 cents now by a HUGE margin
    NZD seems to have turned turtle again ......
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Electronic Card Spend stats for Feb month showed apparel DOWN 3.3% on feb last year ......

........and NZD now US 68 cents something.

Was Jared has a point when when stocks stop going up on good news (the last announcement) its time to sell

Maybe the golden weather (stock wise) has come to an end and its tougher times ahead for HLG

HLG has paid a fairly consistent and enviable annual total dividend of 30 cps over the last five years through a variety of exchange rates. One months retail stat's doesn't mean much in the longer term scheme of things especially when it was a very wet February. Gross dividend yield at $3.31 including imputation credits = 12.6% and there's a dividend of approx. 13.5 cents fully imputed due next month.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    currently down to 500, down 12 cents, on a grand volume of 984 shares.
    i see that there already buyers at 501 and 502, but the nearest seller is 512.
    this stock is sufficiently bouncy to make a good trade stock, but am currently happy as a long-term holder also.
    Hey Scamp where do you see this info,what tools are you using to access the live trade data please?

Missed by that much

Scamper posted that 10 years ago, not sure if he is still around.

The data is available on the ANZ securities web site in the depth data

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    HLG has paid a fairly consistent and enviable annual total dividend of 30 cps over the last five years through a variety of exchange rates. One months retail stat's doesn't mean much in the longer term scheme of things especially when it was a very wet February. Gross dividend yield at $3.31 including imputation credits = 12.6% and there's a dividend of approx. 13.5 cents fully imputed due next month.

Not just 1 month - trend series over the last few months has been weakening

My conclusion for what it's worth is that market environment isn't as robust as last year and we should expect to see (much) lower growth in H2 than H1 for HLG - even if Di is weaving her magic and doing wonders for Glassons.

Won't affect this years dividends but no way increased dives next year
    Last edited by winner69; 11-03-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Last announcement said group sales $122.9 million, an increase of 9.4% over the prior corresponding period and that Gross margin saw an increase of 1.4 percentage points above the same period last year and that Group profit after tax is projected to be in the range of $9.0 to $9.2 million

Filling in the gaps it appears as if expenses were up heaps as well - it's costing them a lot to achieve that growth. My earlier forecasts allowed for lower expenses, ie more efficiencies/ productivity (doing more with what you got)

Be interesting what comments they make when they come clean with the full numbers.

I reckon eps will be less than 30 cents a share his year

Jeez cricket boring and even the Auckland Cup races were called off. Many frustrated punters today
    Last edited by winner69; 11-03-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not just 1 month - trend series over the last few months has been weakening

My conclusion for what it's worth is that market environment isn't as robust as last year and we should expect to see (much) lower growth in H2 than H1 for HLG - even if Di is weaving her magic and doing wonders for Glassons.

Won't affect this years dividends but no way increased dives next year
    I agree..the trend is the key. If wet weather is a factor well what is happening currently will not help! I have been selling down gradually as this is a hard share to off load in a hurry :-)

Veteran novice

I've been looking hard at HLG - it's a stock I'd like to own but never have. My current "yes, but" is the divvy payout ratio - it appears that in the last two financial years HLG has paid more in dividends than it has earned in profits. It seems that they don't have a current need for additional capital but sooner or later either dividends will need to reduce or/and a capital raising will be required. Or am I missing something here?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I've been looking hard at HLG - it's a stock I'd like to own but never have. My current "yes, but" is the divvy payout ratio - it appears that in the last two financial years HLG has paid more in dividends than it has earned in profits. It seems that they don't have a current need for additional capital but sooner or later either dividends will need to reduce or/and a capital raising will be required. Or am I missing something here?
    I think investors have been asking this question for the past 4 or 5 years.
    It appears they will be asking it for the foreseeable future.? lol.
    ps I can't see Tim Glasson putting money in,or having his holding deluted.