sharetrader
Page 123 of 899 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 8982
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation short

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Seems demand increasing before it goes ex div on the 7th
    6th

BW
    PT

om mani peme hum

Hi PT, thanks for that!

Looks good today! $3.65

Big dip today down to 3.45 (20c when div was 14.5c), looks like a few people wanted div but not to hold before next results... some concern? Could be back down to pre results announcement price at this rate - $3.36... Will keep watching for lower entry after I made a rash decision and sold half my holding yesterday to lock some profits in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Big dip today down to 3.45 (20c when div was 14.5c), looks like a few people wanted div but not to hold before next results... some concern? Could be back down to pre results announcement price at this rate - $3.36... Will keep watching for lower entry after I made a rash decision and sold half my holding yesterday to lock some profits in.
    A good rash decision by the looks, most stocks drop by more than the divvy amount for a period of time, in general. That $3.65 yesterday looked a bit exuberant to me.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

I tend to agree with your assessment Couta. The historic graphs display 330 to 340 as the sideways momentum range over the last few months, 360 was just a low volume blip, looks to me like pre-div "selling" commenced when it hit 350. Will be interesting to see where it goes in the next month.

IMO

Great service from HLG. Bought 6 t/shirts for $60 online; free delivery; was advised the order had been packed and awaiting courier. Package arrived promptly and when i ripped it open a mini whittakers peanut slab fell out with sales doc. Cool.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/HLG/announcements/299042

Result at the top end of previous guidance $9.185m, previous guidance $9.0 - $9.2m
    Fully imputed dividend of 14.5 cps, (I was only expecting 13.5 cps)
    EPS exceeded dividend.
    E Commerce growing strongly
    Carefully measured expansion and refurbishment of stores in Australia
    Good to see Glassons Australia back into profit - Lower current cross rate will help with conversion of future profits
    Current winter trading 7 weeks, up 5% slightly slower sales growth than experienced in the first half.
    Financials are easy to read and a pleasure to read because its such a simple well run business
    Very happy to hold as an excellent dividend yield stock. (31 / 338) / 0.72 Gross dividend yield = 12.74%.
    Company has a very long and highly credible history of being a very high dividend payer.
    I will definitely be including this company in my Mum's investment portfolio.
    Will be collecting about 30k worth of divs. this week from about 5 companies. Half of that is from HLG, so am also pleased with my holding. But sadly can't pass any onto my mum. She passed on two weeks ago. 70 years married. But all is good and things are getting better by the day. Always visit your mum and dad. One day they will not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Will be collecting about 30k worth of divs. this week from about 5 companies. Half of that is from HLG, so am also pleased with my holding. But sadly can't pass any onto my mum. She passed on two weeks ago. 70 years married. But all is good and things are getting better by the day. Always visit your mum and dad. One day they will not be there.
    I am sorry for your loss mate and appreciate the advice. I lost my Dad a few years ago after a long bout of dementia and multiple strokes. Tough gig to lose one of your parents that way but my Mum is in pretty good nick for going on 88 soon. HLG has a very long record of paying very high dividends.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Electronic Card Spend March. Apparel up a miserable 0.8% (sa) and didn't recover the 3.4% drop in Feb. Trend series flat, if not slightly negative.

I reckon market conditions getting tougher for likes of HLG shops and H2 might be a bit of a disappointment

But you have the saviour in Di - the miracle lady might pull the company through
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”