sharetrader
Page 124 of 899 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224624 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 8982
    percy

Winter clothing sales/margins should be better than Summer.
    HLG enjoyed a very strong first half,and I would expect the momemtum to continue,although retail is patchy at present.

W69 Our Westfield Riccarton LOV shop was only shut for a few days for remodelling.
    Busy as,in fact they are so busy I can't get in the store to check it out.Now that's busy.!
    Last edited by percy; 11-04-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Electronic Card Spend March. Apparel up a miserable 0.8% (sa) and didn't recover the 3.4% drop in Feb. Trend series flat, if not slightly negative.

I reckon market conditions getting tougher for likes of HLG shops and H2 might be a bit of a disappointment

But you have the saviour in Di - the miracle lady might pull the company through
    You mean similar to the way she pulled Pumpkin Patch through ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Punters have a lot of faith in our Di to fix up Glassons and make huge profits seeing Hallensteins a bit sluggish at.the moment
    Last edited by winner69; 11-04-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Really.!!!
    You can do better than that.

Sales for the first seven weeks of the new season were up 5%....at a time when I struggle to recall more unusually wet conditions across much of N.Z.
    Doesn't seem too bad to me. Good dividend hounds stock.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Really.!!!
    You can do better than that.
    Hi percy,

didn't intend to stand on anyone's toes ... and have no heartblood in this issue ... I lost only a very minor amount in PPL and don't hold HGL.

However - I must admit that I was close to buying into HGL ... but the fact that Di returned to HGL stopped me. May have been a mistake, but still not sure why people expect miracles from her after the disaster in PPL?

Sure - PPL was probably already a basket case when she started, but then, why did she bite? It is hard for a senior executive to get out of these situations smelling like roses, and so far I am not sure whether Di is different.

Are you?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Hi percy,

didn't intend to stand on anyone's toes ... and have no heartblood in this issue ... I lost only a very minor amount in PPL and don't hold HGL.

However - I must admit that I was close to buying into HGL ... but the fact that Di returned to HGL stopped me. May have been a mistake, but still not sure why people expect miracles from her after the disaster in PPL?

Sure - PPL was probably already a basket case when she started, but then, why did she bite? It is hard for a senior executive to get out of these situations smelling like roses, and so far I am not sure whether Di is different.

Are you?
    Talented people learn from their experiences, and failures make them better.

percy

There is a Buffett saying that goes something like this;
    When people with a good reputation join a business with a poor reputation,it is the business that retains its reputation.
    HLG were very pleased to have her back.The results she has achieved, prove HLG were right.
    Last edited by percy; 12-04-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    There is a Buffett saying that goes something like this;
    When people with a good reputation join a business with a poor reputation,it is the business that retains its reputation.
    HLG were very pleased to have her back.The results she has achieved, prove HLG were right.
    Agree 100%. PPL were a basket case many years in the making. Results achieved by Di with Glassons speak for themselves.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

SP has come back down to earth a bit. I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about all their sales at the moment. In the last two weeks I've been sent two 45% off everything vouchers, alongside a string of other offers like three tees for $30. I bought brown shoes for $55 dollars with the discount. They surely can't be making much margin on that when I usually spend $150 on shoes.