sharetrader
Page 126 of 899 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi mate,

Clear break down through the 100 day MA at $3.20. I am becoming concerned that technically this looks set to go down under $3 again. Weaker currency won't be helping. Sales for first seven weeks of new season up 5%, prior to that they were up close to double digits. Lots of water to flow under the bridge between now and December. I still hold some and I'll be back for a bigger holding later
    Let me know when you decide to go back in

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The chart looks very positive.
    The $3.40 resistance level now looks as though it will become the suport level.
    The share price is in a very strong uptrend,so we remain "well positioned".
    Very good comment...2/4/17.

Advanced Member

Winter clothing sales/margins should be better than Summer.
    HLG enjoyed a very strong first half,and I would expect the momemtum to continue,although retail is patchy at present.

W69 Our Westfield Riccarton LOV shop was only shut for a few days for remodelling.
    Busy as,in fact they are so busy I can't get in the store to check it out.Now that's busy.!
    Very good again..11/4/17

Advanced Member

There is a Buffett saying that goes something like this;
    When people with a good reputation join a business with a poor reputation,it is the business that retains its reputation.
    HLG were very pleased to have her back.The results she has achieved, prove HLG were right.
    Very good again....12/4/17
    Last edited by see weed; 02-05-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Advanced Member

I sold the balance of our HLG holding on 26-4-2017,as I think retail is starting to really struggle again.
    W69 our little gem LOV [asx] came out with a great profit upgrade today,so still the odd retailer doing well.It is the only retailer I hold and I only have a small holding.
    Very very good...1/5/17.

percy

My many contacts in retail,wholesale, and company reps, keep me ahead of the field.!!
    It is the way I keep myself "well positioned."
    Patchy turned to big slow down.Will be a very long unprofitable winter for most retailers.
    Margins will be given away for revenue.
    Last edited by percy; 02-05-2017 at 11:02 AM.

My many contacts in retail,wholesale, and company reps, keep me ahead of the field.!!
    Patchy turned to big slow down.Will be a very long unprofitable winter for most retailers.
    The thing is, one bad season is worth what 5 to 10 cps in earnings? Doesn't really bother me unless it is indicative of a bigger problem.

Advanced Member

Thank you for sharing your info with us. Have sold a few myself in last couple of weeks, but am ready to buy back in, if over sold. I have an order in at 2.95, but will see how it goes.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thank you for sharing your info with us. Have sold a few myself in last couple of weeks, but am ready to buy back in, if over sold. I have an order in at 2.95, but will see how it goes.
    Retail can be fickle.For the past 6 years or more I have been very negative on all retail stocks,and for years warned of the Postie Plus disaster.
    HLG is very well managed,but when NZ $ goes lower, margins are affected.When retail slows down retailers have to discount to stay in business.And that staying in business for most retailers is a very real struggle. So HLG will need to react to other retailers discounting,or go backwards.
    More general I notice the lowering of standards in Malls.More and more $2 type shops,sounds big warning bells to me.
    HLG have openned a new flag ship store in central ChCh.With road works and road closures, I have not been bothered to go and look at it.Big lack of parking and parking buildings add to the challenges .From what I read and hear, a lot of ChCh central retailers are going broke very quickly.
    Last edited by percy; 02-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Retail can be fickle.For the past 6 years or more I have been very negative on all retail stocks,and for years warned of the Postie Plus disaster.
    HLG is very well managed,but when NZ $ goes lower, margins are affected.When retail slows down retailers have to discount to stay in business.And that staying in business for most retailers is a very real struggle. So HLG will need to react to other retailers discounting,or go backwards.
    More general I notice the lowering of standards in Malls.More and more $2 type shops,sounds big warning bells to me.
    HLG have openned a new flag ship store in central ChCh.With road works and road closures, I have not been bothered to go and look at it.Big lack of parking and parking buildings add to the challenges .From what I read and hear, a lot of ChCh central retailers are going broke very quickly.
    Hmmm and the discounting is big. As I said Hallensteins has sent me numerous offers in the last two month including two 45% off everything vouchers. I use those vouchers to buy things with lower margin like shoes. That's some big discounting where they can't be making much.