sharetrader
Page 127 of 899 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 8983
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Hmmm and the discounting is big. As I said Hallensteins has sent me numerous offers in the last two month including two 45% off everything vouchers. I use those vouchers to buy things with lower margin like shoes. That's some big discounting where they can't be making much.
    And all the time the overheads keep increasing; staff ,rents,power,phone,It,etc.
    And increasing competition .
    Last edited by percy; 02-05-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Retail can be fickle.For the past 6 years or more I have been very negative on all retail stocks,and for years warned of the Postie Plus disaster.
    HLG is very well managed,but when NZ $ goes lower, margins are affected.When retail slows down retailers have to discount to stay in business.And that staying in business for most retailers is a very real struggle. So HLG will need to react to other retailers discounting,or go backwards.
    More general I notice the lowering of standards in Malls.More and more $2 type shops,sounds big warning bells to me.
    HLG have openned a new flag ship store in central ChCh.With road works and road closures, I have not been bothered to go and look at it.Big lack of parking and parking buildings add to the challenges .From what I read and hear, a lot of ChCh central retailers are going broke very quickly.
    Had to go to Henderson mall at lunchtime today. Haven't been there for at least a year and I was quite surprised at the lowering of standards.
    That said Glassons and Haldenstein's were both doing steady trade now the weather has turned sharply colder I expect people will be out buying their winter wardrobe.
    HLG been in business a very long time. I was wondering as I walked along, (dreaming of future trends as one sometimes does) if at some stage in the future with the ever growing internet sales methodology whether there aren't significant savings in having a combined Glassons / Hallensteins stores, huge potential savings in both rent and staff ! (with a slimmed down range of both).
    What does the collective wisdom of our forum members think ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Bought some of these pups at $3.20 the other week thinking they were reasonable value, looks otherwise, still won't sell for a loss as I don't sell high divvy paying stocks unless it becomes clear the stock is knackered. Might do a couta down at some stage.

Investor

Looking at recent trade pattern might see sub $3 very soon...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Bought some of these pups at $3.20 the other week thinking they were reasonable value, looks otherwise, still won't sell for a loss as I don't sell high divvy paying stocks unless it becomes clear the stock is knackered. Might do a couta down at some stage.
    Oh No.!!!!
    Couta1 you have done it again..
    Brought the shares I sold.!!!!............lol.
    This time I hope I was wrong.!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Oh No.!!!!
    Couta1 you have done it again..
    Brought the shares I sold.!!!!............lol.
    This time I hope I was wrong.!
    Happy to help out Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thank you for sharing your info with us. Have sold a few myself in last couple of weeks, but am ready to buy back in, if over sold. I have an order in at 2.95, but will see how it goes.
    What happened to your order see weed? Looks like there's a few more buyers so that's encouraging to me as a holder. Might buy a few more to average my losses...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elles View Post
    What happened to your order see weed? Looks like there's a few more buyers so that's encouraging to me as a holder. Might buy a few more to average my losses...
    Dropped it to 2.90. Six months is a long time before next div., but expect price will start to rise again within the next 4 to 5 months. ps I have a spare 10,000 you can have for 3.18 ono.
    Last edited by see weed; 04-05-2017 at 08:20 AM.

7 months till the next dividend mate. Long time between drinks.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Electronic Card Spend for April shows Apparel sales down about 4% in April v last year.

Market conditions not so good in NZ for HLG brands?

I'd suggest lower than expected H2 sales - unless Di is still performing miracles.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”