sharetrader
Page 130 of 899 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I am the same,yet the figures show on line clothing sales for the likes of David Jones,Country Road,Rodd & Gunn,Rebel Sports,Swanndri and HLG are increasing between 25% and 35% pa, while their bricks and mortar stores are doing well to be up over 3% to 5%.
    With those brands once people have bought clothes in the shop and know the quality and what size they need to buy, the next time it's easy and low risk to buy online. Quite different from online-only buying.
    Last edited by Elles; 26-05-2017 at 09:13 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Elles View Post
    With those brands once people have bought clothes in the shop and know the quality and what size they need to buy, the next time it's easy and low risk to buy online. Quite different from online-only buying.
    Exactly correct.

Advanced Member

No.. I have to disagree on this.. You are saying that all clothes tried on and fitting in store A can be relied upon to fit you if you go for the exact same size on line for all same purchases in future !!.. i.e. Shirts.. Neck .. Chest.. Arm length.. Waist.. Body Length.. !!!..

Maybe very possible in the not to distant future ( made to measure by robots ) .. Not yet though..

Although such a things have always been considered in the past....

Har Har. I like the cut of your jib lad !!..

Very true. I buy Barkers shirts online - but only because I've already bought one in store of same make and fit (probably another colour). I wonder though how many clothing lines are global brands for which there is online only store competition - any thoughts?

Yes, if you try a shirt in the shop and buy another one online later from the same brand in the same size it should fit, they don't suddenly shorten the arms in the next batch. And if you've changed shape and it doesn't fit, you can exchange it...
    https://www.hallensteins.com/faqs/re...c=Returns&i=14

Another retailer in the apparel amd footwear sector bites the dust. Been in business since 1938

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9306...n-receivership

They were always good for a decent pair of shoes at sale time - got a lot of shpes from them over the years
    Last edited by winner69; 28-05-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That dividend yield is the sexiest thing I have ever seen... How long can this delectable payout be sustained?

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    That dividend yield is the sexiest thing I have ever seen... How long can this delectable payout be sustained?
    For quite a few more years I reckon .....even though in 3 of the last 4 years the dividend has been higher than free cash flow

But F17 should put a bit of excessive cash back in the kitty to keep divies going ....the big shareholders want divies
    Last edited by winner69; 28-05-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Currently (31 / 310) / 0.72 = 13.89% gross. Very tasty and they have a very good record of sustaining it. Of course there are many saying the end is nigh and of course they've been saying that for quite a while. DYOR but for my money all things being equal I'll be in like a hungry beagle again if they drop to ~ $2.70. I am patient though.. Next divvy is not till December so plenty of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. Disc: Current holding Nil.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

There's an article in The Australian which starts off -

The collapse of fashion chain Topshop and stablemate Topman this week echoed like a cannon shot through the fragile $300 billion retail sector as another high-profile store failed under the weight of some of the worst trading conditions in decades.

The reality is the Australian consumer just isn’t spending right now.

I wonder how Glassons are going over the ditch - probably struggling a bit I reckon

I still expect a lower than expected H2 from HLG