sharetrader
Page 131 of 899 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 8983

I guess Glassons AU had a shocker in 2016 so will still deliver improved results - but I agree with you all that's it better to wait and see. The first glimpse of bad news for Hallensteins or sign that international competition is taking their sales and this will drop. Sentiment can change beyond quickly in Retail, especially at the moment. You also have to ask how much growth potential for the brand after this year and I can't see an awful lot. The NZ business is starting to peak.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another retailer in the apparel amd footwear sector bites the dust. Been in business since 1938

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9306...n-receivership

They were always good for a decent pair of shoes at sale time - got a lot of shpes from them over the years
    I have always thought footwear is the hardest retail sector,so another footwear retailer going out of business is no surprise.I buy one pair of running type shoes a year.Last black shoes were brought about 6 years ago.
    I am not sure whether The Farmers' and Smiths City' one day sales are to buy a month's credit or not.?
    As I pointed out a few weeks ago the Malls are getting more and more second rate stores,and strip shopping centres' empty stores are on the increase.
    Another long hard winter ahead.Same in Aussie too.
    ps.Don't buy anything because it will be on special next week.!
    Back to HLG.Have been wanting to check out their new ChCh store,but with continuing road works in the city, I avoid it.
    From what I hear others are too.
    Hard to sell anything when you don't have customers.!
    Last edited by percy; 28-05-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Not saying HLG is not able to do well, but apparel is becoming increasingly prone to nasty surprises... consumers are far less loyal than people on here think.

Only retail holding I would be willing to hold long would be KMD... maybe MHJ.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Currently (31 / 310) / 0.72 = 13.89% gross. Very tasty and they have a very good record of sustaining it. Of course there are many saying the end is nigh and of course they've been saying that for quite a while. DYOR but for my money all things being equal I'll be in like a hungry beagle again if they drop to ~ $2.70. I am patient though.. Next divvy is not till December so plenty of water to flow under the bridge between now and then. Disc: Current holding Nil.
    Roger; From your latest series of comments its looking like you are not holding "anything" "anywhere"...?. Or are you just quietly building a stake in a select few??/

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Roger; From your latest series of comments its looking like you are not holding "anything" "anywhere"...?. Or are you just quietly building a stake in a select few??/
    Not correct at all mate. PM me if you want more info on current holdings.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-05-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Over the edge and heading down into the shark pool...
    Will be interesting to see when bids start to come online.

Not a good sign ......might move stock but margins adversely impacted

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9328...orward-a-month

I still expect a 'disappointing' H2 for HLG
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hallensteins doing two heavy duty fleece tops for $60. Good deal for winter...not so sure about whether their shares are a good deal at this price but at another 10% off...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not a good sign ......might move stock but margins adversely impacted

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/9328...orward-a-month

I still expect a 'disappointing' H2 for HLG
    They have been doing sales non stop for the last three months. I still get bombarded with emails from them; including FOUR over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    They have been doing sales non stop for the last three months. I still get bombarded with emails from them; including FOUR over the weekend
    I'd say that's part and parcel of planned day to day activity .....and 'budgeted' for

Having your winter sale a month early is not 'budgeted' per se - and has an adverse impact on expected margins

Expect a disappointing H2 result I reckon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”