sharetrader
Page 134 of 899 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Potential yield reducing by the week - share price about 310 now

Good yield even at 330/340/350 but better at today's price - even allowing for the waiting time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I bought back into HLG today. The yield is good, the exchange rate is strong and given the solid interium report and cold weather I'm pretty sure there'll be another good dividend coming end of the year. Happy to buy up around $3. Good support coming in around this level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Inclined to agree, currency definitely helping. Chances of seeing $2.70 again anytime soon are looking slimmer and slimmer by the day...
    Metservice telling us to brace for two coldest weeks of the year will also help...a really bitterly cold winter, that's something we haven't seen for a few years.
    Actioned a modest buy today. School holidays and a bitterly cold southerly approaching should send people scurrying to their local mall for some retail therapy and essential winter clothing in time for inclusion in HLG's current year earnings. Currency is stable and providing a tailwind at this level. It was recently reported that despite Amazon having direct interests in two large apparel companies they only have 6% of the apparel market. I still believe despite many and numerous bearish comments that the internet will undermine the veracity of HLG's business model that the VAST majority of people prefer to try clothes on for themselves to make sure they like the style, fit and fabric before buying and I for one don't ever see that changing very much. Classic dividend hounds stock.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-07-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Stats NZ Electronic card Spend for June

Apparel industry sales DOWN 1.9% on June 17. Core retail (exc vehicle related and services) UP 5.0%

Seems apparel stores in NZ struggling a bit while other industries going well.

Last 4 months industry sales same as last year. That covers the months since HLG last update.

Just saying
    Last edited by winner69; 11-07-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes I'm underwhelmed at current prices, not buying in currently

Meanwhile KMD looking pretty good

Also h and m are in NZ now

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Meanwhile KMD looking pretty good
    Amazing isn't it

Hope they don't disappoint

KMD one of those stocks /companies you need to have faith in

No doubt you have that faith - and probably will do OK

Close at 318 - that's good

Could say I've got the expected final dividend early if I cash up now.

Think I'll hang in there for a while longer to see what happens - might even get to 340, maybe 350 as the divie hounds startup piling in (but they should have got in at 300 odd)

Advanced Member

Not sure about all the discounts they are offering getting spammed two or three emails a day I think the currency is the only thing in their favour at present

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Not sure about all the discounts they are offering getting spammed two or three emails a day I think the currency is the only thing in their favour at present
    I'm not convinced this year will that great ......early August usually an update.

Will this year be OK or disappointing ....won't be great though

Watching that chart lie a hawk .....need to keep the early dividend .....and any more gains that come before the update.

If out by then and the announcement is bad might even get a bonus dividend atacdeeplydiscounted price.