sharetrader
Page 138 of 899 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 8983

veracity (vɛˈrĉsɪtɪ)
    2. precision; accuracy

No question their stock management has been run with a great deal of precision and accuracy over the years. Stock turn is best of breed in the industry by miles so purchasing and sales execution has obviously been managed with a high degree of precision and accuracy even if as Snoopy suggests stock might be bought from cheap Bangladesh sources where minimum N.Z. labor rates aren't paid. Dividends are awesome and reliable too
    Disc: Holding for reliable and strong dividend yield and accept that almost all multinational companies source product as efficiently as possible.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-08-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Good result, but certainly challenges ahead into the next financial year. You've got to say though, the dividend yield is a stand out and they have maintained this for a very long time.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No question their stock management has been run with a great deal of precision and accuracy over the years. Stock turn is best of breed in the industry by miles so purchasing and sales execution has obviously been managed with a high degree of precision and accuracy even if as Snoopy suggests stock might be bought from cheap Bangladesh sources where minimum N.Z. labor rates aren't paid.
    I don't think the Tearfund report suggested HLG wasn't paying an NZ living wage in Bangladesh. My impression was that they were not paying enough for a peasant to live on in Bangladesh even with third world living costs.

Dividends are awesome and reliable too
    Disc: Holding for reliable and strong dividend yield and accept that almost all multinational companies source product as efficiently as possible.
    Ah so the dividend money justifies the means, and because almost everyone else is doing it it must be OK. Gotcha.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I don't think the Tearfund report suggested HLG wasn't paying an NZ living wage in Bangladesh. My impression was that they were not paying enough for a peasant to live on in Bangladesh even with third world living costs.

Ah so the dividend money justifies the means, and because almost everyone else is doing it it must be OK. Gotcha.

SNOOPY
    Im sure one could debate the ethics of almost every item they buy within the supply chain of food/clothing/electronics/building materials etc. And if you were to take a stand on everything you might find yourself hungry and homeless quite quickly!

Whilst I would agree not perfect and ethics are personal to everybody..."Glassons has continued to improve to a B- from a C+ last year and a D- in 2015"...progress if something?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

SNOOPY
    Haven't really got time to play tug of war over this bone with you at the moment but B- doesn't sound too bad at a real quick look.
    Airlines cause filthy pollution, shall we all stop flying because of that ? Its a bone of contention with all sorts of products we buy or consume. Apple for instance have some highly questionable practices, shall we all stop buying their products ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I will be quite happy with average news and a friendly 16c dividend!
    I guess the announcement makes me quite happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    veracity (vɛˈrĉsɪtɪ)
    2. precision; accuracy
    Well blow me down with a feather duster (used to dust a shelf in a Glassons shop) , I consider myself well educated in the English language and I always thought veracity had more to do with truth and honesty and reliability.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Well blow me down with a feather duster (used to dust a shelf in a Glassons shop) , I consider myself well educated in the English language and I always thought veracity had more to do with truth and honesty and reliability.
    I wouldn't disagree with you at all, usually the first explanation in any dictionary you look up but I referenced the second in post #1371 above...by the way...the truth is the earnings and dividend are honestly very reliable
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-08-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Good result, but certainly challenges ahead into the next financial year. You've got to say though, the dividend yield is a stand out and they have maintained this for a very long time.
    That's what the major shareholder wants - he gets it eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That's what the major shareholder wants - he gets it eh
    Annual depreciation of ~ $7m underpins a dividend that slightly exceeds EPS.