sharetrader
Page 141 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 8983
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Oh dear..........and I thought she was doing so well.?
    Yes she will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It is disappointing that her new tenure was fairly short but the Euro style format of the remodeled Glassons stores has been performing very well and the company is able to roll that refreshed format out as capex allows with or without her. Her replacement could have some other good idea's.
    Are we talking about the miracle woman who can't do no wromg?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Ah yes - it is Di leaving ....and pretty soon as well

Maybe she has noticed things are actually pretty slack in this sector and knows F18 not going to be that flash. H217 wasn't that great ..... a continuation maybe?
    Last edited by winner69; 08-09-2017 at 10:48 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ah yes - it is Di leaving ....and pretty soon as well

Maybe she has noticed things are actually pretty slack in this sector and knows F18 not going to be that flash. H217 wasn't that great ..... a continuation maybe?
    Maybe the fun will be seeing where she pops up next,,,H&M or one of the other's ,may see the advantages of having a very experienced local on board. ?

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Maybe,but I think any business that is a franchise of a UK firm would face seasonal and a number of other issues.
    UK firm would not let them have next season's design before themselves.
    HLG have control over design,store format,store location,advertising,online model, and logistics, without paying any franchise fees.
    Astute observation Percy.

I partially heard an interview on the car radio yesterday (ZB or Radio National, whatever was playing at the time) with someone who appeared to be the Receiver (again unknown) who obviously had considerable knowledge of TopShop. He was saying that there was initially good foot traffic when they opened but this did not necessarily translate into sales. Importantly, a lot of their clothing was sourced from the UK and were mostly the items they could not sell there. So TopShop NZ (and probably Australia as well) were being used as a disposals store but still asking Top prices (pun intended). Not good business practice and quite the opposite of how H & G manage their operations.
    Last edited by Robomo; 08-09-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Are we talking about the miracle woman who can't do no wromg?
    Wasn't it you that reminded me at the time of her appointment that she didn't do too well at Pumpkin Patch ?
    Sales as confirmed by the company recently for the year to 31 July 2017 were solid and shareholders are very well positioned for their usual very generous fully imputed dividend in early December just in time to treat their families to some Christmas cheer.
    Disc: holding and fully cognisant of the fact that recently appointed executives almost always put all their best idea's out there in the first 12 months.
    In my opinion its well worth noting that sales for HLG in the second half rose at a faster rate than the extremely well respected Briscoes group over the same period who have noted most unusual climatic conditions. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/8...al-weatherhtml
    Also worth noting is that the currency continues to trade at a level that's supportive for HLG.
    Disc: Continuing to hold and embrace the inner possum.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-09-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Glad I've already collected my dividend plus a nice capital gain as well .... and haven't had to wait until November

Having faith in my raeding of the market

If the share price goes below $3 before the ex date might have a go at collecting another dividend.

Cool eh!

Has Di leaving freaked the market out - down a bit since the announcement

Has Di leaving freaked the market out - down a bit since the announcement
    I can almost see you in my minds eye. Getting all set like a big cat, (Tiger even ?) ready to pounce
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I can almost see you in my minds eye. Getting all set like a big cat, (Tiger even ?) ready to pounce
    .......especially so seeing I've already collected my dividend plus some more