sharetrader
Page 142 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .......especially so seeing I've already collected my dividend plus some more
    You're as cunning as a hungry beagle mate, well done
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Full year as expected. Divide a fraction higher than most thought

Important bit is -

Future Outlook
    The first 7 weeks of the new financial year has seen sales grow +5.48% on the prior year. The improved buying strategy has allowed the gross margin rate to also increase on last year. Customers have reacted well to new seasons stock and web sales continue to show increased rates of growth. The company is continuing to invest in stores with refurbishments planned for both Hallenstein Brothers and Glassons in Queensgate shopping centre in Wellington this season and 2 new stores in Australia. The group is focused on ensuring our performance going into Christmas trading.

So even more profits in F18 ($20m sounds good) and bigger divies as well

Reckon share price will be 4 bucks sooner than later
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yipee ! the hound is happy and wagging his tail gleefully. Kept the faith with this one against a barrage of negativism that XYZ or ABC were going to dramatically undermine the profitability of HLG's business model. Gotta love the resilience of these companies that have been around longer than the hound has.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/HLG/announcements/307911
    Very strong growth for Glassons in Australia augers very well for the future. Sales up over 20% with 6 reformatted stores done last year. As I have mentioned before, (although not pretending to be an expert on women's store appeal) the Euro fresh style of the St Lukes Glassons impressed me and it seems its certainly making an impact across the Tasman.

The lower Kiwi / Aussie cross will help with conversion of earning next year too.
    17 cps fully imputed final dividend exceeded my expectations for a 16.5 cps final and what a nice time to pay it out, just before Xmas.
    Disc Happy hound, inclined to move towards BBB, (beagle busy buying) rating.
    I think its clear there is genuine potential with Glassons in Australia and its a much bigger market than New Zealand !
    People often talk about Amazon, Top Shop or whatever other company eating HLG's lunch but what about HLG eating Australian retailers lunch !
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

An excellent result.
    Interesting to note online sales were up an incredible 44% ,and now account for 9% of revenue.

Bought more at the open. Market will take a while to understand Glassons potential in Australia and while its doing so the beagle will be busy buying for the superb 13.9% gross dividend yield, (expecting 33 cps next year) With this company you are being paid extremely well indeed to wait and enjoy even more growth.
    As Percy has noted the company is clearly keeping up with its thing regarding online product offer and that's always a good thing.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2017 at 10:37 AM.

percy

Did not buy any more TIL today.'
    Instead brought HLG.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Did not buy any more TIL today.'
    Instead brought HLG.
    Welcome back on board. Everyone knows you're not a big fan of retail generally so this is a vote of confidence and we're singing (barking? ) from the same hymn sheet here as I added more yesterday too.

Advanced Member

In glassons now with the mrs. More staff than customers. They must earn a fortune from the clothes

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Welcome back on board. Everyone knows you're not a big fan of retail generally so this is a vote of confidence and we're singing (barking? ) from the same hymn sheet here as I added more yesterday too.
    Yes I was very surprised with their result.New format stores are performing well,as are new stores,while poor performing stores are closed.So funds are being recycled.Careful use of capital.Online sales at 9% of total revenue is very positive.Growing at 44% means they are finding their market.Easily scaled up.
    Retail remains a very difficult sector,so we have to invest with great care.Mall landlords don't leave much on the table for their tenants,and that's why I like seeing big online sales increases.
    I now own two retailers.!!! Shock,horror.!!..lol.
    The other one is in Aussie.LOV.Their business model is the best retail model I have ever seen.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    In glassons now with the mrs. More staff than customers. They must earn a fortune from the clothes
    Blast I can't sell my shares until Monday.!!..lol.
    And yes the margins are very healthy.Have to be if you want to stay in business.