sharetrader
Page 147 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I doubt any of their staff are on under $16.50 so won't have any effect over the next year or so.
    Hmmm my friend worked at HLG a few years ago and he got minimum wage, but did receive some commission so probably tipped him over.

I doubt any of their staff are on under $16.50 so won't have any effect over the next year or so.
    The trouble with minimum wage is that its a bit like the rising tide. Increase it and you need to adjust relativities which will see all wages rise down that end of the pay scales.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You going to XXXOS or even XXXXXOX soon

I've already collected by dividend ....twice
    Yeah will probably add another X before the X divvy date, I don't mind taking big holdings in companies that have a proven track record and have stood the test of time through both good and bad.

Can learn more about their long and successful track record at the investor center https://www.hallensteinglasson.co.nz/investment-centre, oh my goodness is that more eye candy
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Sucked me in by that last comment there, doggie. Now I suppose I'll have to buy the shares!

LOL, the fundamental's are just as attractive too
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Good article in the Herald about why NZ bricks and mortar retail will continue to do well when compared to the likes of the US, our retail footprint is small in comparison.

Good article in the Herald about why NZ bricks and mortar retail will continue to do well when compared to the likes of the US, our retail footprint is small in comparison.
    you did see who wrote it though?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    you did see who wrote it though?
    Yep, article still raises some valid points of difference though.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11938088

As a very regular visitor to the Lynnmall / brickworks I feel well placed to comment.
    Before that ~ $40m addition to the mall the mall was looking tired and one or two vacancies were starting to emerge. Since the addition including bringing back a really good movie experience to Lynnmall the place is far more vibrant. HLG have both a Glassons and Hallensteins store in Lynmall.

In the very long term I expect there is the possibility of rationalizing stores to having just one co-branded store but for the foreseeable future I maintain that the vast majority of people will still want to visit their local mall for the overall experience including multiple dining and shopping options and I maintain the vast majority of people still want to try clothes on for the hounds law of four F's (fit, feel, fashion and fabric).

Good well managed companies like HLG with excellent stock turn will be around for a very long time and provide a sound foundational basis to any food loving dividend hounds requirements
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-10-2017 at 02:12 PM.