sharetrader
Page 148 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11938088

As a very regular visitor to the Lynnmall / brickworks I feel well placed to comment.
    Before that ~ $40m addition to the mall the mall was looking tired and one or two vacancies were starting to emerge. Since the addition including bringing back a really good movie experience to Lynnmall the place is far more vibrant. HLG have both a Glassons and Hallensteins store in Lynmall.

In the very long term I expect there is the possibility of rationalizing stores to having just one co-branded store but for the foreseeable future I maintain that the vast majority of people will still want to visit their local mall for the overall experience including multiple dining and shopping options and I maintain the vast majority of people still want to try clothes on for the hounds law of four F's (fit, feel, fashion and fabric).

Good well managed companies like HLG with excellent stock turn will be around for a very long time and provide a sound foundational basis to any food loving dividend hounds requirements
    The new Wellington stories combined .....as is the Christchurch one
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The new Wellington stories combined .....as is the Christchurch one
    Thanks for the heads-up, seems the hounds nose is still sniffing the breeze correctly. Gives them truck loads of scope for future rationalization of stores as they continue to grow their online presence at good pace.

Heck these must be good if Percy likes them, (Percy well known for not liking retail). $3.50 - $3.60 cum dividend just before they go ex ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-10-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes I hold both HLG in NZ and LOV in Aussie.
    A Labour government is always positive for retail.
    A lower NZ $ is bad for HLG.
    A lot may depend on young Glasson having retail blood in his veins,and growing Aussie.
    So not all plain sailing.
    Mall rents remain killers.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A lot may depend on young Glasson having retail blood in his veins,and growing Aussie.
    Which is exactly why their future direction will be combined Glassons / Hallensteins stores saving potentially a significant part of their occupancy costs (2017 $27.4m) as they continue to ramp up online sales channels. I back these guys because they've been in business a long time and are very good operators.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-10-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Not all plain sailing but with the history this company carries, I'm feeling well positioned for an extra large divvy. PS-Currently makes up 33% of my portfolio which I reckon is a pretty balsy holding.

Another very happy holder over here for a the past few years

Divi looking excellent for FY18, and probably flat thereafter given fx

percy

Which is exactly why their future direction will be combined Glassons / Hallensteins stores saving potentially a significant part of their occupancy costs (2017 $27.4m) as they continue to ramp up online sales channels. I back these guys because they've been in business a long time and are very good operators.
    I see combined Glassos/Hallensteins stores as a very big negative.Not workable.
    Next to each other maybe,but Glassons must be next door to other women fashion retailers.
    Malls are now concentrating on fashion/clothing,services [Spark etc] and food.
    Last edited by percy; 30-10-2017 at 04:09 PM.

I see combined Glassos/Hallensteins stores as a very big negative.Not workable.
    Next to each other maybe,but Glassons must be next door to other women fashion retailers.
    Malls are now concentrating on fashion/clothing,services [Spark etc] and food.
    I am rather curious regarding your viewpoint as Farmers seem to integrate women's, men's and kids clothing pretty successfully. Care to expand upon why you feel this wouldn't work for HLG ?

I am rather curious regarding your viewpoint as Farmers seem to integrate women's, men's and kids clothing pretty successfully. Care to expand upon why you feel this wouldn't work for HLG ?
    Makes rent and overheads cheaper atleast...

percy

Separate focussed stores work better.
    Music,colours,displays,themes,smell,lighting,staff ,customers.
    Women prefer not to be near smelly men sharing their shopping spaces and changing rooms.
    This why speciality stores compete well against department stores.
    Last edited by percy; 30-10-2017 at 05:00 PM.