sharetrader
Page 149 of 899 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 8983
    Veteran novice

I don't think that Farmers is a good model for HLG. The former is a lot more than clothing - toys, cosmetics, bedding, lighting, furniture, appliances ( do they still stock these? Still have the smaller end of the range ). Farmers' card has been a big "loyalty" factor in the past. I agree with percy, the negatives would outweigh the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The new Wellington stories combined .....as is the Christchurch one
    Be interesting if you could do a little reconnaissance trip and give some feedback on your sense of the combined store mate. Feel free to buy something while you're there to support us shareholders

You make some fair points Percy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Be interesting if you could do a little reconnaissance trip and give some feedback on your sense of the combined store mate. Feel free to buy something while you're there to support us shareholders

You make some fair points Percy.
    Pretty impressive the Lambton Quay one. One site but stores are essentially separate. Huge rent I reckon.

Topshop and Topman were next door. Both new stores opened about the same time. Certainly drove traffic to that part of town and I’m sure many punters had a look in both stores. Probably a bit quieter now.

Percy has a good point in saying better being close to the opposition than being a bit isolated.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty impressive the Lambton Quay one. One site but stores are essentially separate. Huge rent I reckon.

Topshop and Topman were next door. Both new stores opened about the same time. Certainly drove traffic to that part of town and I’m sure many punters had a look in both stores. Probably a bit quieter now.

Percy has a good point in saying better being close to the opposition than being a bit isolated.
    Activity breeds activity.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Not all plain sailing but with the history this company carries, I'm feeling well positioned for an extra large divvy. PS-Currently makes up 33% of my portfolio which I reckon is a pretty balsy holding.
    No surprises here.
    Just need to move the decimal point a few places and you have my holding.!!..lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Another thing I mentioned about 9-12 months ago Ex div Nov. Nice big payout Dec. then about 18 weeks later it goes ex div again for the April div. I am wanting to buy another 33,000 before ex div date, and will pay up to 3.40-3.50.
    Hey see weed, those bollie bands starting to tighten, you had better start buying soon or you will be paying over 3.40 to get your extra 33000. PS-You can buy them all now for the bargin price of 3.33ish.
    Last edited by couta1; 31-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Advanced Member

Hey see weed, those bollie bands starting to tighten, you had better start buying soon or you will be paying over 3.40 to get your extra 33000. PS-You can buy them all now for the bargin price of 3.33ish.
    How long ago did I write that?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    How long ago did I write that?
    October 1st

Advanced Member

October 1st
    I changed my mind and have sold all Hlg to buy ATM, and will buy them back again before div.

Hey Percy, with your love of retailing you’d enjoy reading ‘Shopping, Seduction & Mr Selfridge’
    by Lindy Woodhead.

I really enjoyed it, an amazing story

Selfridges been going for over a hundred years and still going strong with double digit growth last year. Not too bad for a ‘department store’. Just shows you look after the customers and give them a good experience year after year good retailers can win.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”