sharetrader
Page 154 of 899 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 8983

That's a bloody good update in this challenging retail environment. I have to say they've been on form this year and their sales (both online and in store) have been very well marketed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well done.
    An incredible trading update.
    Thanks Percy, with 33% of my portfolio total in this stock, one has to have a fair bit of confidence in all aspects of the way things are run and the management, I do.

Default Lets look at the first seven weeks growth v the most recent ten weeks growth

Extract from annual report under future outlook page 7.
    For the first seven weeks of the year sales growth has been +5.48% on last year.
    Now for the first seventeen weeks which includes the above first seven week period they're ahead +15% on last year.
    Sales last year averaged $4.6m per week. For the sake of this calculation to keep things as simple as possible lets assume sales are constant throughout the year. First 7 weeks sales are 4.6m +5.48% = 4.867m per week = $34.07m.
    For sales to be now up for the first 17 weeks by 15% sales must have been 4.6m x 1.15 x 17 = $89.93m. Deduct the first seven weeks of $34.07m gives sales of $55.86m in the latest ten week period of $5.586m per week a 21.43% increase on the same ten week period last year. ($5.586m / $4.6m = 1.2143)
    Acknowledge its not that simple as sales are not constant throughout the year but nonetheless the most recent 10 week trading period shows HLG is really getting some great traction with sales growth. Implications going forward for even higher dividends or ability to reinvest even more quickly in the roll out of their new euro style stores driving even more sales growth....? Hmmmm.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For the first seven weeks of the year sales growth has been +5.48% on last year.
    Now for the first seventeen weeks which includes the above first seven week period they're ahead +15% on last year.
    Sales last year averaged $4.6m per week. For the sake of this calculation to keep things as simple as possible lets assume sales are constant throughout the year. First 7 weeks sales are 4.6m +5.48% = 4.867m per week = $34.07m.
    For sales to be now up for the first 17 weeks by 15% sales must have been 4.6m x 1.15 x 17 = $89.93m. Deduct the first seven weeks of $34.07m gives sales of $55.86m in the latest ten week period of $5.586m per week a 21.43% increase on the same ten week period last year. ($5.586m / $4.6m = 1.2143)
    Acknowledge its not that simple as sales are not constant throughout the year but nonetheless the most recent 10 week trading period shows HLG is really getting some great traction with sales growth. Implications going forward for even higher dividends or ability to reinvest even more quickly in the roll out of their new euro style stores driving even more sales growth....? Hmmmm.
    Very good calcs. Sounds good to me. Got a bit greedy this morning and dropped my buy order from 3.51 to 3.44 one minute before open and missed out on 3.45 open, then ended up buying at 3.51 later. Might get another sp rise on AGM day 13/12/17 plus more food for the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I put it down to the Jacinda effect and don’t forget her partner’s impact as well.

Percy says Labour good for retail sales. The working man and women going to get more money to spend always makes them happy and HLG shops are just right for them

Glassons probably doing well selling Jacinda type work outfits for the girls.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I bought HLG last year at about this time, just before dividend, at about the current price. Watched the share price fall over the year, read a lot on here and in other places about declining sales in retail and a few months ago I decided to ditch them for a small loss and use the money to buy ATM instead. I am happy with that decision but I still like the look of the dividends HLG presents.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Very good calcs. Sounds good to me. Got a bit greedy this morning and dropped my buy order from 3.51 to 3.44 one minute before open and missed out on 3.45 open, then ended up buying at 3.51 later. Might get another sp rise on AGM day 13/12/17 plus more food for the bowl.
    Bigger bowl required, this one looks good https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=1&ajaxhist=0
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Surprised it's only gained 7c so far...offering 17c cashback in the next few days and all but guaranteeing a 10% dividend for the next round...

I guess companies who make money and return it to their investors are going out of fashion!

10% net dividend next time round = 13.9% gross. I agree and am also surprised the shares haven't shown more gusto considering the outstanding market update.
    You would think this sales result does wonders to underwrite the ability of this company to pay around 33 cps next year and in a ultra low interest rate environment people would love a ~ 14% gross dividend yield. Maybe some investors need to see an updated recommendation written on a brokers report before acting...opportunity knocks for those that can think for themselves before analysts release upgrades ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-12-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

If it touches $3.45 or below, before it goes Ex, im buying more.