sharetrader
Page 157 of 899 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 8982

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

My sense is taking into account this weeks news the stock is worth at the very least $3.50 ex divvy or $3.67 cum divvy and I have bene buying on that basis. As stated earlier this week I see fair value at around $4 and note that the last time HLG were looking so good to generate the sort of indicative profits that are implied by this latest news the shares were $5.90 so I don't think $4 is fanciful
    Dead right mate

Just to show what you mean a nice chart below. The F18 EPS is 36 cents (NPAT of about $21m/$22m) which is a lot lower than my rave the other day which obviously was ignored but I still believe possible
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 03-12-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Dead right mate

Just to show what you mean a nice chart below. The F18 EPS is 18 cents (NPAT of about $21m/$22m) which is a lot lower than my rave the other day which obviously was ignored but I still believe possible
    Hmmm...that is a very very interesting chart...many thanks indeed mate. They say a picture says a thousand words and that chart covering EPS and SP data for the last twelve years provides huge scope for encouragement regarding capital gains going forward. The super high fully imputed dividend yield that many people are buying for could just be the icing on the cake and capital gain is where the real rewards lie ! $4 ex divvy looks very conservative doesn't it !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hmmm...that is a very very interesting chart...many thanks indeed mate. They say a picture says a thousand words and that chart covering EPS and SP data for the last twelve years provides huge scope for encouragement regarding capital gains going forward. The super high fully imputed dividend yield that many people are buying for could just be the icing on the cake and capital gain is where the real rewards lie ! $4 ex divvy looks very conservative doesn't it !
    Sure does

As you expect the share price has followed eps trends for many years. That chart shows that

Average PE over the timeframe on the chart has been about 13 ....so just getting back to that average is a share price well over $4,50 ....and if the market gets really excited about a 40 cent dividend wow what that do to the share price
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

With the AGM only a few days after the Ex date, there is no way I would sell after stripping the divvy, confirmation of sales moving north will see the SP continue to move in that direction also. Just need a couple more analysts to jump on the bandwagon and whip up a bit more frenzy with some nice new numbers ,to ice the cake.

Advanced Member

Went to The Warehouse Sylvia Park on Saturday night to buy some shorts. After half hour walked out with nothing. No service, cr..p choice of pants etc. Went to Hallensteins Sylvia Park on opening about 9.05am Sunday Morning. Good service as soon as you walk into shop, nice young lady comes over to help serve you, supplying me with different sizes and sorts of pants, even coming to the changing rooms to give me a bigger size of a certain brand. Most things on special around $29.99c. Very happy with my purchase and the service. The shop seemed a lot busier as l was leaving with more and more customers arriving. On the figures you have mentioned above, I wouldn't be surprised there were not many sellers on ex div day. One reason being the AGM is 5 days later with more good positive news coming I will not be selling on ex div day, in fact I will be supporting the sp going into AGM day.
    Last edited by see weed; 03-12-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Membaa

From the coal face, mum and daughter went to HLG today, loved the store but not the prices. Bought the entire daughters summer wardrobe from Mirrou for a small fraction of the price, like massive discounts on HLG. They raved about the selections and service, but as 'frank the bank' I liked their choice for the extreme discounts. Retail sure is competitive, I hadn't even heard of Mirrou until today. Happy mum and daughter, happy life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    From the coal face, mum and daughter went to HLG today, loved the store but not the prices. Bought the entire daughters summer wardrobe from Mirrou for a small fraction of the price, like massive discounts on HLG. They raved about the selections and service, but as 'frank the bank' I liked their choice for the extreme discounts. Retail sure is competitive, I hadn't even heard of Mirrou until today. Happy mum and daughter, happy life.
    Mirrou are described as a Mature woman's brand for those aged 35-45 years old, quite a narrow range and not too much for HLG to worry about, especially since they are an Aussie company.

I for one could not care less about people's anecdotal stories from other retailers, we've heard it all before many many times... top shop this and new xyz store that. HLG sales growth is exceptional especially in the prevailing generally soft apparel market and especially as current stat's are compared against a first half last year that was growing strongly compared to the same period before that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-12-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Discount and die.
    Unless you have cheap rent such as KMart,WHS or Farmers,you will not survive.

Hallensteins is already cheap as chips too. If you think a $10 tee and $30 jeans are expensive I really do worry for the poor children making these!!