sharetrader
Page 160 of 899 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 8983

I've faulted and bought more at 3.56.

Now my largest holding which I swore I'd never do with a retail stock

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

I know the feeling, having previously held KMD and WHS (Lost money on both) I was pretty gun shy, just shows we are open to opportunity aye.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Okay, which one of you guys just put a bid on to buy 425000 shares at $3.55, spoiled my accumulation party.
    Now gone. Maybe the buyer wanted to sell some and was stabilising the price while selling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Now gone. Maybe the buyer wanted to sell some and was stabilising the price while selling.
    He still bought over 100k shares at $3.55, you can't buy and sell at the same time, at the same price, not legal as it's outright market manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I know the feeling, having previously held KMD and WHS (Lost money on both) I was pretty gun shy, just shows we are open to opportunity aye.
    Yeah I figure 30cps of dividends are coming so pretty well positioned even at current price.

percy

Retail is a bit like Rugby,when you are going forward you don't drop passes.
    HLG appear to have the clothes their markets want,whether by having nice refurbished stores,or the strong internet sales platform.
    Shareholders are "well positioned,"...lol

Advanced Member

ASB Securities is broken down again.

Jeremy mentioned that H1 this year sales growth of 15% is amazing as it being compared against a strong H1 last year which was 9% up on pcp.

Don't know if Jeremy said amazing but it is pretty amazing really when consumer confidence has been down a bit and overall apparel sector sales in NZ have been pretty week and Australia retail not going that great either

FY growth of 15% takes sales to $275m for the year. Margins are up and maybe GM will be 60% or $165m. Expenses were $116m last year and even if we use $130m for this year NPAT before tax is $35m so NPAT is about $25m. You would hope that expenses wouldn't rise by $14m as a fair chunk of them are pretty well fixed - shareholders expect improved productivity eh?

So at $25m NPAT or EPS of 42 cents even percy's gut feel that the share price should be $4 seems really conservative

Even if I'm only half right aren't we really looking at a share price over 5 bucks next year

What can go wrong .....practically risk free with the Jacinda effect in play.

Jacinda had a different type of outfit on yesterday - rekon plenty of women out buying similar skirts and tops this week
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeremy mentioned that H1 this year sales growth of 15% is amazing as it being compared against a strong H1 last year which was 9% up on pcp.

Don't know if Jeremy said amazing but it is pretty amazing really when consumer confidence has been down a bit and overall apparel sector sales in NZ have been pretty week and Australia retail not going that great either

FY growth of 15% takes sales to $275m for the year. Margins are up and maybe GM will be 60% or $165m. Expenses were $116m last year and even if we use $130m for this year NPAT before tax is $35m so NPAT is about $25m. You would hope that expenses wouldn't rise by $14m as a fair chunk of them are pretty well fixed - shareholders expect improved productivity eh?

So at $25m NPAT or EPS of 42 cents even percy's gut feel that the share price should be $4 seems really conservative

Even if I'm only half right aren't we really looking at a share price over 5 bucks next year

What can go wrong .....practically risk free with the Jacinda effect in play.

Jacinda had a different type of outfit on yesterday - rekon plenty of women out buying similar skirts and tops this week
    Agree 100%. Best free lunch I have seen on the NZX this year. Sales increasing at SIX times the rate of growth of the benchmark gold standard that is Rod Duke's Briscoes. HLG the Christmas gift you give yourself that's a real problem solver when it comes to funding all other Christmas and holiday costs
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-12-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Same here, got another 10k on close, just can't help myself. Looking forward to a biggish div. Now all we have to do is sit tight until after Christmas and new year and January holidays, then about 12 weeks after that, another biggish div, which is about 16 weeks from now