sharetrader
Page 174 of 899 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 8983

Reckon 4 bucks by Christmas ....3 days to go

And then the holiday boost as mums and dads review their portfolios and toss out the losers and replace them with winners .....boost will be even better if a broker or two put them in their 2018 tips.

All looking good ,..no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bit of gloomy report on latest consumer confidence. Just as well this doesn’t impact HLG. Jacinda will see us right.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/0...erns-weighhtml

This bit is interesting -
    The drop in confidence was largest in better-off households, with confidence down 10 points below average in households earning more than $70,000 per annum, while confidence rose 3 points among households earning less than $70,000 a year.
    70k better off than.. poverty? To broad to be of relevance.
    Last edited by Raz; 20-12-2017 at 06:18 AM.

The strong summer continues for Hallensteisn imo.

I have been following the brands over Xmas and this is the least discounting I've seen for a long time. Clearly that shows they are able to move stock without significant discounts.

Very confident we'll see a 50% increase in profit as forecast.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

The turnover has been about 5% of the company in the last 3 weeks and been very consistently high each day. It seems someone is building a sizable stake. I guess we will be told soon who it is. Its great that HLG is getting some positive interest at last from at least one big player out there.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    The turnover has been about 5% of the company in the last 3 weeks and been very consistently high each day. It seems someone is building a sizable stake. I guess we will be told soon who it is. Its great that HLG is getting some positive interest at last from at least one big player out there.
    I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. Another scenario might be that the recent strength has drawn out profit-taking sellers to meet buyers who are looking for yield. I'm one of the latter and by no means a "big player"!

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. Another scenario might be that the recent strength has drawn out profit-taking sellers to meet buyers who are looking for yield. I'm one of the latter and by no means a "big player"!
    I agree with you Mcduffy that the recent strength has drawn out the sellers. But for a share price to rise means there are even more nett buyers. Those " yield buyers" would have bought when the SP was in the low $3's for so long, not now.The constant high turnover each day ( looking back over the last ten years) is unprecedented. What makes it more interesting is that it's at a time when most of us are thinking more about Christmas shopping than watching the market. Look at the turnover drop off last week in any other company. Surely only a juniour broker stuck in his office under instruction to keep accumulating is doing the buying. Anyhow it's all semantics and a bit fun to think about because HLG will rise or fall on its own success regardless of who might or might not be buying in.
    Last edited by Maverick; 24-12-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I agree with you Mcduffy that the recent strength has drawn out the sellers. But for a share price to rise means there are even more nett buyers. Those " yield buyers" would have bought when the SP was in the low $3's for so long, not now.The constant high turnover each day ( looking back over the last ten years) is unprecedented. What makes it more interesting is that it's at a time when most of us are thinking more about Christmas shopping than watching the market. Look at the turnover drop off last week in any other company. Surely only a juniour broker stuck in his office under instruction to keep accumulating is doing the buying. Anyhow it's all semantics and a bit fun to think about because HLG will rise or fall on its own success regardless of who might or might not be buying in.
    Yes ‘yield hunters’ probably were keen in the low $3s when they were expecting a 30 cent dividend ......but now they might get a 40 cents divie buying at $4+ is still pretty attractive

Doubt too many fundies worry too much about HLG anyway with its low liquidity and not being in the NZX50

percy

I think you are all reading t00 much into Couta1 and See Weed's shouting themselves a few Hlg for Christmas..Just a couple of million each, and Raz buying back a mil, he mistakenly sold..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 24-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

C’mon guys (seeweed) put a bit of effort in

Won’t take many to get the share price up to 4 bucks

HLG ending the year at $4 would be wow wow

And better still is heaps more to come into the New Year when punters finally grasp what an EPS of 40 cents plus means.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C’mon guys (seeweed) put a bit of effort in

Won’t take many to get the share price up to 4 bucks

HLG ending the year at $4 would be wow wow

And better still is heaps more to come into the New Year when punters finally grasp what an EPS of 40 cents plus means.
    In selling mode at the moment and have sold half my holding since div day, but will be buying them back in early April, and not worried about paying over $4 for them, as long as the div is still good.