sharetrader
Page 176 of 899 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 8983

Ah makes sense everyone personally it's my largest holding - but that is only about 15% of my portfolio. I'm a little more spread these days!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Ah makes sense everyone personally it's my largest holding - but that is only about 15% of my portfolio. I'm a little more spread these days!
    "The trend is your friend."

Great knowing someone is a little more spread these days.
    I am too,thanks to Christmas tucka,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however, my portfolio remains heavily overweighted in out performing shares.!

For W69.Today's best buy is Couplands 1kg Christmas Cakes.Reduced from $14.99 to $7.50. In fact all their Christmas produce is half price.
    Last edited by percy; 29-12-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "The trend is your friend."

Great knowing someone is a little more spread these days.
    I am too,thanks to Christmas tucka,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however, my portfolio remains heavily overweighted in out performing shares.!

For W69.Today's best buy is Couplands 1kg Christmas Cakes.Reduced from $14.99 to $7.50. In fact all their Christmas produce is half price.
    Surely Ray and his team didn’t make too many Christmas Cakes ....but then Ray doesn’t mind if supermarkets buy too many and have to hock them off at half price to clear the shelves.

Probably each cake only cost Ray a buck to make anyway ...good margins in cakes sometimes.

Does Ray still run the place or has he handed over to his sons? Great Canterbury business
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Surely Ray and his team didn’t make too many Christmas Cakes ....but then Ray doesn’t mind if supermarkets buy too many and have to hock them off at half price to clear the shelves.

Probably each cake only cost Ray a buck to make anyway ...good margins in cakes sometimes.

Does Ray still run the place or has he handed over to his sons? Great Canterbury business
    No No No they are at Coupland stores.......
    I think the sons are running it nowdays.
    In 1986 or 1987 Sydenham Bakery burnt down.
    Coupland's bakery was just around the corner.
    Coupland came round and said to Jon at Sydenham Bakery,"you can't loose your wholesale customers;use my bakery,we will do two shifts,your staff one shift,my staff the other."
    Incredible generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Don't really see why you're selling tbh. The summer has been a scorcher weather wise, transactions have been up on last year, the brands have good momentum, the forward PE is still low if they can deliver 12m+ NPAT in the first half which is looking very likely. Another dividend is coming in 4 months. What's not to like?

I also have been thinking they wouldn't of given an estimate of 50%+ NPAT unless they were pretty confident. Otherwise why else wouldn't they just of been conservative and said 30% or 40% plus. I remain confident.
    I agree by 50%+ Actually 100%, I couldn't agree more. No way that 50%+ was a random choice of number and I am investing on the basis that they are very confident of beating that otherwise the number would have been something else.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    No No No they are at Coupland stores.......
    I think the sons are running it nowdays.
    In 1986 or 1987 Sydenham Bakery burnt down.
    Coupland's bakery was just around the corner.
    Coupland came round and said to Jon at Sydenham Bakery,"you can't loose your wholesale customers;use my bakery,we will do two shifts,your staff one shift,my staff the other."
    Incredible generosity.
    He a good guy that Ray and deserves more recognition than he gets.

It was interesting that about 10 years or so ago Coupland went ‘corporately’ and cut costs and the number of recipes and bought cheaper ingredients. I think two sons left the business because they said it had lost it family values. A few years of that experiment Couplands went back to the old recipes and the old ways of doing things and the sons came back .....Couplands based on good quality product at affordable prices.

Ray loves his racehorses. His colours are white with a red bakers hat on the back. Cool eh!

Hope you bought a few cakes ...should last a while.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Common baby...lets kick this up to $4 by 1.00 p.m. close of trade and make my end of year portfolio revaluation really awesome
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Hope you bought a few cakes ...should last a while.
    Yeah right,should do, but don't.
    Wife and I have a bit of an addiction problem with Coupland's Christmas Cakes.!!..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Common baby...lets kick this up to $4 by 1.00 p.m. close of trade and make my end of year portfolio revaluation really awesome
    Didn't quite get there! But still a nice rise toward the end.

Thanks for all your input this year Beagle. Your thoughts on AIR, HLG and the retirement sector (I'll forgive SUM bias) have been appreciated.

Banned

I'm searching for those two X's I kicked out a couple of weeks ago, they are now worth around 20k more each, I'm offering a reward if anybody can find them and return them to me.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-12-2017 at 01:12 PM.