sharetrader
Page 177 of 899 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm searching for those two X's I kicked out a couple of weeks ago, they are now worth around 20k more each, I'm offering a reward if anybody can find them and return them to me.
    LOL mate, I'm looking for a couple of extra X's for a different reason...too much Christmas eating
    You're most welcome Onion...hard not to have SUM bias with one's views
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11964674

Looks like the tills were ringing overtime at Christmas. Boxing day also broke records I read somewhere here https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/depart...ymark-b-211532

No specific mention of apparel sales but you would think going off recent company announcements that they'll be getting their fair share and some so if volumes are values of sales are breaking records one might draw the conclusion that retail in general is in a pretty healthy state. Augers well for 50%+ net profit increase.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-01-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Now you can understand why retailers like Labour governments...lol.

ps.So do second hand car/truck,and equipment dealers....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11964674

Looks like the tills were ringing overtime at Christmas. Boxing day also broke records I read somewhere here https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/depart...ymark-b-211532

No specific mention of apparel sales but you would think going off recent company announcements that they'll be getting their fair share and some so if volumes are values of sales are breaking records one might draw the conclusion that retail in general is in a pretty healthy state. Augers well for 50%+ net profit increase.
    Yes, let's hope that record sales translate into record profits! (For Briscoes too, please!)

Nice start to the New Year - $4 it is!

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    Nice start to the New Year - $4 it is!
    Plenty more to come I reckon. Retail on fire overnight on the U.S. with many major retailers up 3-4%.

Plenty more to come I reckon. Retail on fire overnight on the U.S. with many major retailers up 3-4%.
    and so it came to pass that HLG were up by a similar amount, go you good thing

Banned

and so it came to pass that HLG were up by a similar amount, go you good thing
    It's going to be a VERY GOOD year for this stock, my Gutometer tells me so and I won't be disobeying it like I did last year with Air and A2, by selling large holdings way too early. PS-Couta's end of year price equals $5.20.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    It's going to be a VERY GOOD year for this stock, my Gutometer tells me so and I won't be disobeying it like I did last year with Air and A2, by selling large holdings way too early. PS-Couta's end of year price equals $5.20.
    That’s only +27% Couts ...Go on be a bit more bullish. There’s a Labour Government you know and on top of that Jacinda and her partner are doing wonders as well.

Then again we get 40 cents in divies as well ....jeez that’s another 10%

No worries

even the nzd going there way the last few weeks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The highest it's been in many years. Are we headed back up to $5? If they deliver on their forcast of +50% NPAT I have a feeling it could get there sooner than we think.

Side note - Hallensteins continues to price higher than I've seen in the past. Have a look at their website, things are not significantly discounted outside of the usual $10 tees they do. The other thing is their new absent all star collection appears to be very popular.

Onwards and upwards!