sharetrader
Page 197 of 899 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 8982
    …just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Yes Jeremy , excelllent point. I didn't mention that there was NO signs of any discounting on the windows or product. Also the significance of the MEL store humming is that the Aussy's are loving the merchandise. That means........ growth.
    Last edited by Maverick; 10-03-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Vested interest. Really liking the fact that Timothy Glasson has 20% of this company and has sent the young Glasson over to Aussie to drive Glassons Australian growth.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Vested interest. Really liking the fact that Timothy Glasson has 20% of this company and has sent the young Glasson over to Aussie to drive Glassons Australian growth.
    The owner's eye.
    Very important when looking for a company to invest in.
    Skin in the game.
    Skin on the line.
    Other companies with this "owner's eye" factor are HBL,EBO,MFT ,RYM and TRA.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The owner's eye.
    Very important when looking for a company to invest in.
    Skin in the game.
    Skin on the line.
    Other companies with this "owner's eye" factor are HBL,EBO,MFT ,RYM and TRA.
    You left CBL of your list
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Offcourse.!!

I am very happy with HLG's progress as it is my largest holding being over 38% of my portfolio.
    I bought it in August for $2.93 per share & plan to hold it long term or until it has any misfortune to cause it to trigger my trailing stop loss.
    Looking forward to next months dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All the proof you ever need that management / directors having a significant stake is but ONE of many factors to consider carefully when choosing one's investments. Me, I reckon Insurance companies, (what with the 1 in 100 year weather events happening 4 or 5 times a year now) is best left to those that enjoy playing Russian Roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    I am very happy with HLG's progress as it is my largest holding being over 38% of my portfolio.
    I bought it in August for $2.93 per share & plan to hold it long term or until it has any misfortune to cause it to trigger my trailing stop loss.
    Looking forward to next months dividends.
    Very nicely done. I bought quite a few at a similar level and topped up in the low $3's. Looking forward to hearing how the Glassons expansion is going in Australia when they report their half year earnings on 30 March...(well that's the date they said but not quite sure how that works seeing as that's Good Friday). Going down to the pet shop today, I'll need a much bigger dog food bowl for April's dividend
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    All the proof you ever need that management / directors having a significant stake is but ONE of many factors to consider carefully when choosing one's investments. Me, I reckon Insurance companies, (what with the 1 in 100 year weather events happening 4 or 5 times a year now) is best left to those that enjoy playing Russian Roulette.

Very nicely done. I bought quite a few at a similar level and topped up in the low $3's. Looking forward to hearing how the Glassons expansion is going in Australia when they report their half year earnings on 30 March...(well that's the date they said but not quite sure how that works seeing as that's Good Friday). Going down to the pet shop today, I'll need a much bigger dog food bowl for April's dividend
    Yes looking forward to the dividend!

Only thing I'd say about insurance is that they have reinsurance for big events and are better covered now, especially after the earthquakes. Tower to me is pretty well placed albeit not without risks!

p.s. had to fork out $50 on a belt today at Hallensteins as that was the cheapest in the mall! Must be pretty good margin on that sale, they had some nice shoes I was thinking of buying too (all at full price). Store again was busy.

What on Earth is Barkers doing? Their marketing team needs to learn a lesson or two from Hallensteins me thinks. They are so grossly overpriced for the quality and their clothes aren't at all hip.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    p.s. had to fork out $50 on a belt today at Hallensteins as that was the cheapest in the mall! Must be pretty good margin on that sale, they had some nice shoes I was thinking of buying too (all at full price). Store again was busy.

What on Earth is Barkers doing? Their marketing team needs to learn a lesson or two from Hallensteins me thinks. They are so grossly overpriced for the quality and their clothes aren't at all hip.
    So I wont be seeing in a Barkers or 3 Wise Man store then Jeremy?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”