sharetrader
Page 198 of 899 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 8983

Will be really interesting to see how much success they have had in Australia .....I would hazard a guess that most of the 50% plus profit increase has come from over there

NZ probably going quite well ....but hard to see them doing anything near 50% profit growth
    Last edited by winner69; 11-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Will be really interesting to see how much success they have had in Australia .....I would hazard a guess that most of the 50% plus profit increase has come from over there

NZ probably going quite well ....but hard to see them doing anything near 50% profit growth
    Agree, I think progress in Australia is excellent.
    At the mid point of their half year forecast of $14.75 - $15.25m, i.e. $15.0m on 59.65m shares that's EPS of 25.2 cps for the half year and as you know they have traditionally paid out all of their earnings as depreciation approximates capex, although last year they had $12m in capex as they relocated Chch stores and expanded and refurbished to new format stores. They said in the annual report that in FY18 capex would return to normal, approx. $6-7m per annum but I for one would be pleased to hear about a planned acceleration of the expansion of Glassons in Australia and them hold back another ~ $5m extra to drive further growth in Australia for FY19.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-03-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I am always interested in HLG's online growth.
    They have been enjoying substantial growth in this sector,and it seems to be the/an indicator for future overall growth.
    Last edited by percy; 11-03-2018 at 02:59 PM.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...o-menswear.htm

No buyer for Mecanno stores, all 7 stores to close. Market is pretty efficient isn't it !
    Shares jumped on Friday as a result of this announcement of the same day
    One more competitor bites the dust. HLG simply so good nobody wants to take then on from a competitive point of view.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...o-menswear.htm

No buyer for Mecanno stores, all 7 stores to close. Market is pretty efficient isn't it !
    Shares jumped on Friday as a result of this announcement of the same day
    One more competitor bites the dust. HLG simply so good nobody wants to take then on from a competitive point of view.
    Bugger - Jeremy probably never been in one but the shoes st 70% might get him interested

Lookes like nobody can keep up with Hallensteins and Glassons ....from Top Shop down the landscape is littered with failures .....H&M to walk away next

The current owners of Meccano had only owned them for a short time before growing broke

Obviously previous owners saw the writing on the wall and got out before Hallensteins killed them

Go HLG

Share price closing in on 5 bucks

When they announce a 20 cent divie that’ll put 20 cents on the share price ....a good boost to the next stop of 6 bucks

When you read stuff like this about the Australian retail scene Glassons must be doing AMAZINGLY well over there

From The Australian under a heading Consumer spending hard to sustain as income growth is weak

The difficult conditions in retail — reflected in department store operator Myer’s removal from the S&P/ASX200 on Friday — are not helped by the restoration of spending overseas in the official statistics. Both the December and last week’s January retail reports have been poor and suggest there has been no change in the underlying issue facing consumers of poor income growth and high debt.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The current owners of Meccano had only owned them for a short time before growing broke

Obviously previous owners saw the writing on the wall and got out before Hallensteins killed them

Go HLG

Share price closing in on 5 bucks

When they announce a 20 cent divie that’ll put 20 cents on the share price ....a good boost to the next stop of 6 bucks
    It'll hit $6 just after they announce major expansion plans in Australia. HUGE market and MASSIVE potential over there and only a tiny number of highly successful Glassons stores there so far. Go back 18 months when you and I were buying at circa $2.80...who would have thought of HLG as a growth stock then
    Heck we could even sell some and carry the rest for free if we were into such things but I'd rather add even more and make more, like I did last week at $4.50.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It'll hit $6 just after they announce major expansion plans in Australia. HUGE market and MASSIVE potential over there and only a tiny number of highly successful Glassons stores there so far. Go back 18 months when you and I were buying at circa $2.80...who would have thought of HLG as a growth stock then
    Heck we could even sell some and carry the rest for free if we were into such things but I'd rather add even more and make more, like I did last week at $4.50.
    It would be a day to celebrate... a NZ company finally get it right in Australia..we will wait and see :-)

Now sold down to a decent parcel however would not get carried away on this stock...one factor is lack is scale.

H & M I hear is doing well in NZ so speculation on that is..gross speculation.

Couldn’t help but notice this about Briscoes in the NBR - Briscoes coped with a margin squeeze to record to record profits

No margin squeeze at Hallensteins / Glassons apparently ...they say margins are much improved

Super record profits on the way