sharetrader
Page 206 of 899 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 8983

yes I jumped in this morning as well.
    with my change in circumstance I seek yield more and more nowadays and with the prospect of growth who cant resist an immediate 4% return.
    thanks for everyones comments.

Been out all morning (working ha ha) so thanks all for the updates. No surprises but just a bit more detail. I can't add any more

Upated this chart to give a bit of colour to the result

Todays $5 might sound good but it's going to get close to $7

Wow ...nearly doubled my money in less than 2 years (probably have with divies). Wasn't HLG going broke back then ....not capable of surviving the onslaught of all those horrible global competitors. Oh well but some of us believed they weren't entirely dead ducks and $270/$280 was real value
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes mate the chorus of negativity saying HLG was in terminal decline was almost deafening at around $2.60 in late 2016 and again last winter at around $2.90 some people were still at it... but the funny thing is you don't hear anything from them these days...lol

My pick, I think people will look back a year from now as Glassons Australia is in the midst of significant further store expansion and say around $5 cum a 20 cent divvy was very good buying. $6.50 + 2 x 20 cent divvies = $6.90 / 5 = 38% total shareholder return.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-03-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Been out all morning (working ha ha) so thanks all for the updates. No surprises but just a bit more detail. I can't add any more

Upated this chart to give a bit of colour to the result

Todays $5 might sound good but it's going to get close to $7

Wow ...nearly doubled my money in less than 2 years (probably have with divies). Wasn't HLG going broke back then ....not capable of surviving the onslaught of all those horrible global competitors. Oh well but some of us believed they weren't entirely dead ducks and $270/$280 was real value
    Nice chart there winner...

On other note, their divvy calendar reminds bit like that of AIR. Goes ex-div in a week from today and payment a week later. Nice and quick.

bit gutted I sold these last year at $3.50 or somehting like that and havent hopped back on board. Let that be a lesson to me! I decided to listen to some other hype and hope for some quick gains elsewhere. That didnt eventuate. Bigger fool me. I should have stuck with just patiently sitting waiting for dividends to roll in.

Wow Glassons AU posted a 6m NPAT for the half, more than Hallensteins NZ or Glassons NZ. That's incredible. Remember this has made a loss for several of the past few years.

If they can keep Glassons AU going the NPAT we are seeing is very sustainable as the growth in Hallensteins and Glassons NZ had been good but more modest.

Super Investor

The one I like is the huge increase in net profit. A huge increase for owners. They have certainly carried on from where they finished last year.
    h2

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Wow Glassons AU posted a 6m NPAT for the half, more than Hallensteins NZ or Glassons NZ. That's incredible. Remember this has made a loss for several of the past few years.

If they can keep Glassons AU going the NPAT we are seeing is very sustainable as the growth in Hallensteins and Glassons NZ had been good but more modest.
    They might be well placed wth Hallensteins too if U.K. trends are anything to go by.
    https://www.theindustry.fashion/20-k...gets-underway/
    h2

Haven't had time to have a close look at the detail yet

You guys must have some othr good bits to tell me ...cmon
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post

Great isn't it mate. Massive growth potential there as economies of scale and distribution efficiencies kick into gear. With the Au market being five times the size of N.Z. I'm expecting huge things from HLG in the years ahead as they accelerate Au expansion. Glassons has finally cracked the hard Au nut and we are set to enjoy great things going forward. Cash flow was 30 cps this half so they're holding back heaps of cash to fuel Au expansion but keeping quiet about it as this stage.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-03-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine