sharetrader
Page 207 of 899 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Great isn't it mate. Massive growth potential there as economies of scale and distribution efficiencies kick into gear. With the Au market being five times the size of N.Z. I'm expecting huge things from HLG in the years ahead as they accelerate Au expansion. Glassons has finally cracked the hard Au nut and we are set to enjoy great things going forward. Cash flow was 30 cps this half so they're holding back heaps of cash to fuel Au expansion but keeping quiet about it as this stage.
    Love the highlighted bit - 5 times is huge potential

Even Myer are changing tack re womens stuff ....that'll help Glassons I reckon
    Last edited by winner69; 29-03-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Did some quick numbers as to how they increased NPAT by $6.0m over last year

By selling more stuff $13.4m more profit
    From margin expansion $5.0m more (that's pretty amazing really)
    Expenses increased by $10.6m
    Paid more tax $2.4m

Pretty good eh
    Last edited by winner69; 29-03-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Even I didn't think this was a growth stock when I bought at ~ $2.80 quite a while ago. Funny how a classic dividend hounds stock has morphed into a stock with huge growth potential, not that I'm complaining ! I guess I could sell some and sit on the free ones but this dog is too cunning to play games like that, bought more so future profits and dividends will be even bigger
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-03-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Every one who has posted here over the last few years deserves a pat on the back. "The intelligence of the group is more than the individual ". I am a big fan of HLG but was a bit nervous this morning as a great result was already priced in.
    A lot of good info has been spread today but my own contribution is this....
    "The last 7 weeks trading up 19%" . This has been in warm autumn weather here and over there. Mild weather is normally the ragtrade enemy. My concerns about whether the recent summer sales surge has just been due to just a hot summer has been answered.
    I really appreciate the posters on this forum for taking the time to post their expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Every one who has posted here over the last few years deserves a pat on the back. "The intelligence of the group is more than the individual ". I am a big fan of HLG but was a bit nervous this morning as a great result was already priced in.
    A lot of good info has been spread today but my own contribution is this....
    "The last 7 weeks trading up 19%" . This has been in warm autumn weather here and over there. Mild weather is normally the ragtrade enemy. My concerns about whether the recent summer sales surge has just been due to just a hot summer has been answered.
    I really appreciate the posters on this forum for taking the time to post their expertise.
    Many thanks to you too for sharing that insight which is a very good one.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Australian fashion retail scene littered with trainwrecks .....and Glassons filling the void

Good eh

From linked article -

This leaves her joining a raft of other household names struggling due to the changing retail environment, including Payless Shoes and Pumpkin Patch.

Speciality Fashion, which owns Millers, Katies, Autograph, Crossroads, City Chic and Rivers, is set to close hundreds of underperforming stores due to difficult market conditions.

And Zachary the Label, Maggie T, Oroton, Marcs and David Lawrence, are among brands to have collapsed in the past year.

High rents for physical stores, less discretionary spending, and growing competition online from global retailers and large one-st

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...01-p4z7a9.html

I expect them to be cautious about store expansion in Aust.
    Interesting to note that they are up to 11% of all sales now through digital channels. I think the new CEO and his young hip team are really working wonders on the social media front. I guess facebook, twitter, snapchat and all those other new fandangled approaches works.
    Off to the pet store today...get some more flea treatment for my dogs and a bigger foodbowl for myself

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Australian fashion retail scene littered with trainwrecks .....and Glassons filling the void

Good eh

From linked article -

This leaves her joining a raft of other household names struggling due to the changing retail environment, including Payless Shoes and Pumpkin Patch.

Speciality Fashion, which owns Millers, Katies, Autograph, Crossroads, City Chic and Rivers, is set to close hundreds of underperforming stores due to difficult market conditions.
    A great number of small business owners are putting in very long hours for very little return,as they can't afford to walk away from their lease commitments.

And Zachary the Label, Maggie T, Oroton, Marcs and David Lawrence, are among brands to have collapsed in the past year.

High rents for physical stores, less discretionary spending, and growing competition online from global retailers and large one-st

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...01-p4z7a9.html
    Mall rents yet again.!!!
    Over the years we have seen Mall rents go from approx. 6% of turnover to well over 20%.
    Wages,kiwi Saver, insurances,point of sale registers,etc as a % of turnover have also increased.
    Businesses who are franchisees have also seen their franchise fees increase.
    Yet landlords are still trying to get long leases with personnel guarantees.
    I would expect HLG take a great deal of time, and a lot of research before signing any Mall lease,particulary in Australia.
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yet landlords are still trying to get long leases with personnel guarantees.
    I need someone to explain to why signing up a tenant at a rental they will struggle to pay is good business. Surely mall owners will have drawn some lessons from the rash of failures by their rag trade tenants.

Malls are facing the winds of change. Go on to YouTube and search "dead malls".

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS I will be attending Percy's Christchurch meeting today. I look forward to getting his opinion on what makes HLG different from the usual rag trade share.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Putting some colour around the snippets of information HLG give us about online sales I calculate that since the end of FY15 to H118 online sales have increased from $12m to $29m or 140% over 5 quarter’s. (Rolling annual numbers)

In that period total group sales are up $41m - meaning online sales account for 40% of the group growth

Good that bricks and mortar stores are still growing sales as well.

Of course digital isn’t just about what’s achieved in online sales growth ....it’s a vital part of the marketing mix and both brands are benefiting enormously,

Cool eh

Share price $7 sometime in the future