sharetrader
Page 208 of 899 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 8983
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I need someone to explain to why signing up a tenant at a rental they will struggle to pay is good business. Surely mall owners will have drawn some lessons from the rash of failures by their rag trade tenants.

Malls are facing the winds of change. Go on to YouTube and search "dead malls".

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS I will be attending Percy's Christchurch meeting today. I look forward to getting his opinion on what makes HLG different from the usual rag trade share.
    Malls have bankrupted a lot of people.These people have lost their homes,and their way of life.Most of these people would have convinced the Mall their business model will be successful,but when it has not worked out Mall's are very unforgiving.

HLG is different.? They have what their customers want/desire at prices their customers are prepared to pay.

ps.Look forward to meeting you this afternoon.Bring a pen and paper, as KW usually has a couple of great tips.!.I expect Moosie will try and match KW's tips.!
    Go into the restaurant entrance,not the bar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Malls have bankrupted a lot of people.These people have lost their homes,and their way of life.Most of these people would have convinced the Mall their business model will be successful,but when it has not worked out Mall's are very unforgiving.

HLG is different.? They have what their customers want/desire at prices their customers are prepared to pay.

ps.Look forward to meeting you this afternoon.Bring a pen and paper, as KW usually has a couple of great tips.!.I expect Moosie will try and match KW's tips.!
    Go into the restaurant entrance,not the bar.
    KW will probably advise people to sell some of there A2 shares with Moosie hard out in tow throwing out charts, technical jardon and other doom and gloom stuff. Not much to say about HLG though, other than Awesome, and wish I held more of them.
    Last edited by couta1; 02-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Putting some colour around the snippets of information HLG give us about online sales I calculate that since the end of FY15 to H118 online sales have increased from $12m to $29m or 140% over 5 quarter’s. (Rolling annual numbers)

In that period total group sales are up $41m - meaning online sales account for 40% of the group growth

Good that bricks and mortar stores are still growing sales as well.

Of course digital isn’t just about what’s achieved in online sales growth ....it’s a vital part of the marketing mix and both brands are benefiting enormously,

Cool eh

Share price $7 sometime in the future
    That's awesome mate. These HLG shares are even sexier than this playsuit https://www.glassons.com/clothing/pl...S?c=RAW+SIENNA All I will say is its no wonder they're selling so much stuff online...its such a "tough chore" looking at it isn't it

Locked in profits on one third of my A2 shares late last week.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    KW will probably advise people to sell some of there A2 shares with Moosie hard out in tow throwing out charts, technical jardon and other doom and gloom stuff. Not much to say about HLG though, other than Awesome, and wish I held more of them.
    Sell everything...!!!...............???????????//..............

Banned

Lol, why doesn't that surprise me.

Membaa

You'll remember 1987, if I recall correctly you've referenced it as a defining moment in your investing lifetime, triggered by rampant inflation which seems just around the corner, albeit this time backed by inconceivable public and private debt. It's never quite the same when it turns to custard, but as some smart person said, history rhymes if not repeats.

However as history shows you can just as easily ignore the rhetoric, and all the doomsayers and the loony chartists because it always comes right in the long run, doesn't it. As long as you own quality. Quality might be defined as the businesses that continuously grows their earnings, making sustainable profits, rewarding their investors, even in completely fecked markets.

It's been a long time since these basics have had any material bearing on investor decisions.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You'll remember 1987, if I recall correctly you've referenced it as a defining moment in your investing lifetime, triggered by rampant inflation which seems just around the corner, albeit this time backed by inconceivable public and private debt. It's never quite the same when it turns to custard, but as some smart person said, history rhymes if not repeats.

However as history shows you can just as easily ignore the rhetoric, and all the doomsayers and the loony chartists because it always comes right in the long run, doesn't it. As long as you own quality. Quality might be defined as the businesses that continuously grows their earnings, making sustainable profits, rewarding their investors, even in completely fecked markets.

It's been a long time since these basics have had any material bearing on investor decisions.
    I am not sure whether I understand your post?
    1987 crash in NZ saw companies with false balance sheets and suspect earnings fail.Equity Corp,Chase,Renoulf,Euro National,Judge corp etc .
    Today I see solid balance sheets,and real earnings.Yes there will always be the CBLs.
    Tourism,agriculture,health,power companies,retirement sectors are doing well.AIA,POT have positive out looks.
    The Reserve Bank is keeping interest rates low for the foreseeable future.
    Over the next few weeks I will receive great dividends from,HBL,TRA,MEL,HLG,and then NZM.
    My Australian companies are also doing well and paying me increasing dividends,AQZ,ATL,BVS,BWF,LOV,PGC and ZNT.
    So I see no signs of 1987,and remain very positive about NZ's outlook, and my portfolio's dividend growth outlook.
    Even the dogs,CAV,FBU,MVN,MPG,STU,TGH look as though they will survive.
    I have sold most of my small cap Aussie stocks.
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Advanced Member

Anyone know HLG ex div date?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Anyone know HLG ex div date?
    From NZX.com site, Main Board,dividends. HLG ex dividend 5th April, payable 13th April.
    Last edited by percy; 03-04-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Advanced Member

From NZX.com site, Main Board,dividends. HLG ex dividend 5th April, payable 13th April.
    Thanks percy, will get onto that straight away.