sharetrader
Page 21 of 899 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    Banned

yeah its a great company, looking to reenter....don't worry too much about SP as many investors sell up between may-july.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Average inventory is only 2 months sales. These guys are the best in the business at turning stock into cash and run a well managed efficient and high quality operation. It hurts to see the SP being marked down so aggressively. I hold and will add more if this situation gets any more irrational as this stock has been an exceptional dividend payer year in and year out and has a bullet proof balance sheet that's clean and tidy. I will update PE and gross divvy yield as soon as I get time based on the closing SP. The investment case is compelling at this lower level. Guidance at the last update was very strong and concerns over the effects of a lower currency have clearly been more than fully reflected in the recent SP correction. Great cash cow, I will BUY as soon as the Greek situation gets clarified.
    Dairying must be in a really bad way to be affecting great cash cows too.!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Through the MA 200 line, looking very tempting now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    yeah its a great company, looking to reenter....don't worry too much about SP as many investors sell up between may-july.
    Great minds think alike. Any further irrational selling will see me getting the chequebook out. The value is sticking out like a third hind leg on a greyhound.
    http://www.4-traders.com/HALLENSTEIN...64/financials/
    Consensus PE now only 11 on a closing price of $3.30. Consensus EPS of 30 cps this year and next.
    Consensus divvy's are also 30 cps...company has such a rock solid balance sheet there is little point in retaining earnings.
    Consensus net dividend yield at $3.30 is 9.1% or grossed up for full imputation credits 12.63%. Read their most recent market update a couple of months back and absorb the growth they're talking about and then you tell me, does opportunity knock at $3.30 or what !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-06-2015 at 08:38 PM.

support now 3.10 selling action has changed chart from very bullish to very bearish within week if price stays down here - back in that 2yr trading range 2.80 to 3.50
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stuffed he young ones here Percy

HLG is a great company .....century plus heritage eh.

Even last year it was hugely profitable even though not one of the best years. They made $14m odd on $63m on equity (and while holding heaps of cash and no debt)

Shareholders have only ever contributed $28m. That worth over $200m on the market today. Pretty good value added eh, especially taking into account the hundreds of millions of divies paid out over the years - $100m in the last 5 years alone.

Can't do better than that

Tim a legend in NZ retail alright. HLG as we know it today hugely successful.

Pity that underneath all this people's judgement on the company often based on a squiggly line. A squiggly line that punters decide the shape, not the company eh. Prob Tim as majority shareholder doesn't even know what the squiggly line looks like.

HLG go about doing things well, punters play around and while some are happy some are sad

HLG will be here in decades to come, won't they percy
    Roger, you might have timed your entry wrong this time around but now you in don't ever sell.

Just let those dividends roll in. Think long term

PS, those guru analysts got their price targets wrong as well so don't fret unless you were 'guided' by them.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Jeez, wasn't that many weeks ago you guys were talking 5 bucks.

So 330 is a long way from that but that dive looks tempting, if you into divies that is,

What's analyst targets? They be calling HLG a BUY now wont they?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

[QUOTE=Roger;578521]Great minds think alike. Any further irrational selling will see me getting the chequebook out. The value is sticking out like a third hind leg on a greyhound.

Heh!Heh!!

Jeez, wasn't that many weeks ago you guys were talking 5 bucks.

So 330 is a long way from that but that dive looks tempting, if you into divies that is,

What's analyst targets? They be calling HLG a BUY now wont they?
    Analysts will need to get their spreadsheet out and work out what impact the fall in the NZD will have on the bottom line and dividends. The last of the reports out were in March. Forbar have just released a report on the retail sector. I wonder what it is saying?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Roger, you might have timed your entry wrong this time around but now you in don't ever sell.

Just let those dividends roll in. Think long term

PS, those guru analysts got their price targets wrong as well so don't fret unless you were 'guided' by them.
    No I am not selling at this level. Plain fact is Kiwi's will have to get used too paying a little more for imported goods and HLG are in the sweet stop in the middle price point of the apparel trade just like Briscoes is with its homeware business.
    I bought this stock for its impeccable record through thick and thin of paying really meaningful dividends, all fully imputed and because of its super strong clean and tidy balance sheet, impeccable stock management as well as growth opportunities which the directors fully articulated in their half year report. Apart from the currency headwind which is more than fully reflected in the recent significant correction, nothing has changed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-06-2015 at 10:19 AM.

100% behind you there Roger. Can't complain tho, looks like we will just be buying more at a great price.