sharetrader
Page 212 of 899 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 8983
    percy

Hopefully our current house will be sold in time, for me to buy back in on the update in a few months .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I remain more than happy to hold long term with the way the company is growing and with the recent noticeable change in weather I am sure their Autumn / winter collection is flying out the doors. Trading on a 2018 PE of less than 10 I maintain its difficult to find better value on the NZX.
    Agree, I see no reason to sell any, if fact I bought more at $4.62 a week or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I too sold my HLG shares today.
    Love the market.
    Signed up for a new house at lunch time,and by 5.30 pm had sold enough shares to pay for it.
    Incredible.

ps.Have not sold any HBL,TRA or my other big holding [unlisted market].
    pps.Remain "well positioned."
    Well done percy

You'll enjoy Fendalton - pretty sure of it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well done percy

You'll enjoy Fendalton - pretty sure of it
    As always the other side of town.!!
    Google Harcourts ChCh,then Opawa,"over 60's as it should be."

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Agree, I see no reason to sell any, if fact I bought more at $4.62 a week or so ago.
    I was a little late to this party, got in in time to get the dividend but of course it has now gone down and I am in the red hmm not sure whether to top up and average down or just hold on. Oh the decisions!

Point to note is the very significant growth within Glassons AU. Sales for the half almost equalled the previous years total sales, which themselves we're 20% up on the previous year. The growth potential in Australia is clearly there, whilst NZ has delivered pretty consistent profits over a number of years enabling good dividends. So we have a pretty good growth story in AU, but also stable NZ earnings as a backstop. Hallenstein Brothers is also just touching the water in Australia so there's opportunity to push into Australia there if they see that's viable.

There's a possibility that AU could contribute more to NPAT than NZ if things continue the way they are going. Imagine that 40m NPAT in a few years. Will be interesting to see if they want to aggressively approach growth in AU at any stage. Selling storm is an indication to me that they just might.

Does anyone know how many stores there are for Hallensteins NZ, Glassons AU and Glassons NZ (separated out by segment). I want to do some anaylsis on average sales per store ect but I can't find the numbers anywhere.

Would also be interesting to see how much room there is to expand the Glassons AU footprint.

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I was a little late to this party, got in in time to get the dividend but of course it has now gone down and I am in the red hmm not sure whether to top up and average down or just hold on. Oh the decisions!
    What was your plan when you purchased RB?

When I enter a stock I always follow a plan and know when I'm going to exit (in most cases a TA entry and exit), hardest part is making sure that I sick with it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    It's a no-brainer, average down on the dips, you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Does anyone know how many stores there are for Hallensteins NZ, Glassons AU and Glassons NZ (separated out by segment). I want to do some anaylsis on average sales per store ect but I can't find the numbers anywhere.

Would also be interesting to see how much room there is to expand the Glassons AU footprint.
    There are less AU Glassons stores than N.Z. and the Aussie market is about 5 times the size...they held back 10 cps in cash flow in the first half and Australian sales are growing at 60%...join the dots mate
    I don't know any more than what's disclosed in the various company reports but I think AU expansion is the most exciting aspect to HLG and why I thin k this is a great hold, (apart from the cheap PE an d outstanding dividend yield of course).
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-04-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine