sharetrader
Page 213 of 899 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 8983
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    What was your plan when you purchased RB?

When I enter a stock I always follow a plan and know when I'm going to exit (in most cases a TA entry and exit), hardest part is making sure that I sick with it
    My plan was for the share price to go up McGinty! I didnt get my timing right by buying in to get the divie, I should have waited. Easy with hindsight. Think I will probably do a Couta and top up but a bit worried it may keep going down ... hmmm My brain is suffering from the ATM roller coaster, I cant make a decision to save myself!

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I too sold my HLG shares today.
    Love the market.
    Signed up for a new house at lunch time,and by 5.30 pm had sold enough shares to pay for it.
    Incredible.

ps.Have not sold any HBL,TRA or my other big holding [unlisted market].
    pps.Remain "well positioned."
    Congrats on the new purchase, hope u picked it up at a bargain, not many of them around in the market at the moment

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    It's a no-brainer, average down on the dips, you know you want to.
    Be careful and considerate, don't fun with the noobs who don't have your depth of pocket or investment lessons, you walk the wild side and are unique in your approach. Not for everyone, normal folks can get hurt big time doing what you do without knowing how to do it.

Love the market.
    Signed up for a new house at lunch time,and by 5.30 pm had sold enough shares to pay for it.
    Incredible.

Congrats on your new house Percy and well done being able to sell enough shares to pay for it and still remain "well positioned"! Thats fantastic!

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    My plan was for the share price to go up McGinty! I didnt get my timing right by buying in to get the divie, I should have waited. Easy with hindsight. Think I will probably do a Couta and top up but a bit worried it may keep going down ... hmmm My brain is suffering from the ATM roller coaster, I cant make a decision to save myself!
    I wish it was that easy (share price going up), but if it was, everybody would be making money.

Risk is the hardest, but most important aspect to manage when investing in the market. From my experience the only way I could do this was to create a plan of when to buy/sell and stick to it (unless a negative surprise happens like a downgrade). Over time the plan evolves to match your personality and risk tolerance.

Not having a plan creates uncertainty and trying to follow others (which may not fit with your personality).

I've written my Investment Philosophy down and in the first sentence is "Risk management first, profit comes second", and capital preservation is number one in risk management. So maybe if your unsure, don't buy any more.

Both HLG and ATM are great NZ companies, but that doesn't guarantee that the stock price will stand strong and won't be influenced by the greater market forces.

Disc: Sold All my NZX (including ATM) and ASX stocks (excluding goldies) - Capital Preservation

I wish it was that easy (share price going up), but if it was, everybody would be making money.

Risk is the hardest, but most important aspect to manage when investing in the market. From my experience the only way I could do this was to create a plan of when to buy/sell and stick to it (unless a negative surprise happens like a downgrade). Over time the plan evolves to match your personality and risk tolerance.

Not having a plan creates uncertainty and trying to follow others (which may not fit with your personality).

I've written my Investment Philosophy down and in the first sentence is "Risk management first, profit comes second", and capital preservation is number one in risk management. So maybe if your unsure, don't buy any more.

Both HLG and ATM are great NZ companies, but that doesn't guarantee that the stock price will stand strong and won't be influenced by the greater market forces.

Disc: Sold All my NZX (including ATM) and ASX stocks (excluding goldies) - Capital Preservation
    Thanks for that McGinty, much appreciated.

Dilettante

Love the market.
    Incredible.

Well done Percy. Shows once again that people sell for all sorts of reasons. Wish you well in the new house. I'm happy holding onto my relatively large holding in HLG. The growth in Australia is exciting.
    Last edited by iceman; 25-04-2018 at 09:13 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well done Percy. Shows once again that people sell for all sorts of reasons. Wish you well in the new house. I'm happy holding onto my relatively large holding in HLG. The growth in Australia is exciting.
    I have a history of selling the wrong shares when I buy houses.
    Spend a lot of time trying to get it right,but am yet to do so.
    That said, I signed up for the house at lunch time yesterday, and had my money organised by 5.30pm.Sold out of 26 companies .A lot of small Aussie small cap stocks went.
    With USA market well down overnight I am happy "job done."
    A bit going on for me in May.Hobson Wealth HBL presentation on 2nd May,PAZ agm on 12th May and TRA annual result at the end of May.
    We will have to see how long our house takes to sell.
    Once I receive the money from that, I will most probably be back into the market,and hope to buy back some of the shares I have sold..
    Last edited by percy; 25-04-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Have you been listening to KW ? She's very bearish.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-04-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you and bought an etra 44,000 at 4.95 to 5.05 to get a bigger div pay out.Depends if you are trader or investor or a bit of both. I have been known to sell and make a loss for tax purposes and then buy them back to make a gain later. last month had to make a controlled loss of about $76,000 including fees but made sure the companies I was buying and selling paid a similar amount of the loss I made back in divs. So it worked out about even. At the beginning March my tax bill would of been about $40,000 to $50,000 dollars, but have got it down to about $8,000 to $10,000 and get to keep all those dividends. So don't worry about HLG, they will come back up slowly mainly because of the fantastic div they pay...over 50c to me in the last year and not to forget it is a goodly run company.
    Last edited by see weed; 25-04-2018 at 03:04 PM.