sharetrader
Page 216 of 899 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 8983

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just highlights how incompetent they are, when it comes to this stock.
    Ha ha

I'm sure Mark and his team would dispute the bit about competence or lack of it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha

I'm sure Mark and his team would dispute the bit about competence or lack of it
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating mate, price target $3.33, current price $4.68, recent high $5.14, nuff said.

Lol at a price target of $3.33. that would give them a forward pe of 7 for a company with no debt and on track to pay 40cps dividend in the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating mate, price target $3.33, current price $4.68, recent high $5.14, nuff said.
    But the likes Craig’s aren’t in the business to ‘guess’ what price punters are going to drive the share price up to.

They obviously don’t believe/assume that HLG are going to make $25m to $30m and more every year into the future.

Some people idolise guru analyst Aswath Damodaran - he put out a note that in his view AMZN is worth $1,019 at tops ...and he won’t be buying at $1,500 odd. Not quite a sell but almost the same.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

I think Craigs' clients with a good memory will recall they were "in love" with HLG a few years ago.
    Last edited by percy; 27-04-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Default Govt set to make people pay GST on overseas purchases under $400

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp

Reported in the print edition of the Herald this morning the same thing is to come into force in Australia in July.
    This will level the playing field for HLG !
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

One would be forgiven to think HLG has had its run but the numbers in todays report, although not new, are stunning. Apart from the obvious headline of the huge profit increase, sales AND margins there are a few goodies in there too.

Storm lost 1.45 million before this massive profit so that makes the theoretical profit of 16.55 million NPAT.

The direction of HLG is very pleasing. Ridding themselves of Storm and large increase of capital spending in AU. AU glassons is still smaller than NZ Glasson but I suspect this year it will exceed NZ. Their margins over there are better too which is surprising.

So with the huge blue sky potential with the AU expansion, the shedding of storm, ever increasing online sales (which must be very high margin given the low extra overhead costs associated with it), proven store formatting and availability of them I`m thinking these profit levels are VERY sustainable.

While they keep to the script and continue with their well selected offerings then $6-$6.5 sp here we come, plus a divi or too along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    being objective.... it should help other NZ retailers as well eh! i.e. BGP, KMD, WHS & GXH

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp

Reported in the print edition of the Herald this morning the same thing is to come into force in Australia in July.
    Yes, this move bodes well for all retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    being objective.... it should help other NZ retailers as well eh! i.e. BGP, KMD, WHS & GXH
    Depends on the margins..not for most items as the price differential is huge..as a amazon prime member you get a further 33% discount off... while generic clothing which already cost around a fifth to a third NZ retail...