sharetrader
Page 218 of 899 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 8983
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I probably bought some of you guys HLG's
    Thanks LAC. Will prob buy them back off you for $6 later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    LOL Many a true thing is said in jest and it wouldn't surprise me if HLG were around there after announcing further expansion plans and growth in Australia.
    My rating: TGTS (too good to sell)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL Many a true thing is said in jest and it wouldn't surprise me if HLG were around there after announcing further expansion plans and growth in Australia.
    My rating: TGTS (too good to sell)
    Fair play, I nay-sayed on HLG's Aust position... and was proven wrong in the last results. However; doubling down on that ... Aust is a very tricky retail market. I still wouldn't beat my Hallenstein's T-shirt on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Fair play, I nay-sayed on HLG's Aust position... and was proven wrong in the last results. However; doubling down on that ... Aust is a very tricky retail market. I still wouldn't beat my Hallenstein's T-shirt on it...
    Their brand and product offer is clearly resonating with Australian consumers and I see no reason to think this won't continue as they expand. In fact the more they expand the more brand awareness they will get with Australians and the more efficiencies they bring to bear in terms of distribution, amortization of management overhead, buying power e.t.c. Smaller footprint over there than here and the market is five times the size....join the dots
    As usual I expect they will be very discerning when it comes to selecting new retail sites.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-05-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Over $5 for sure, that's why it's currently a classic buy and hold stock along with ATM, there are plenty of other toys in the cot to play with and toss around.

I see no reason to think this won't continue .
    Fashion goes funny ways. I doubt brand awareness is at the forefront of their Aust success last year, and it's even less likely it will it drive any repeat. Any evidence to the contrary? Potential efficiency gains are also at best a guess. Yep, Aussie is a BIG market and if they are discerning they might continue to deliver... but HLG is no assured home run. Looks close to fully priced unless you're beating on bigger and better... and you could be right, but you may be wrong.

Fashion goes funny ways. I doubt brand awareness is at the forefront of their Aust success last year, and it's even less likely it will it drive any repeat. Any evidence to the contrary? Potential efficiency gains are also at best a guess. Yep, Aussie is a BIG market and if they are discerning they might continue to deliver... but HLG is no assured home run. Looks close to fully priced unless you're beating on bigger and better... and you could be right, but you may be wrong.
    Here you are roger, this may resonate... or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

The new Euro format Glassons stores do seem to be having a lot of appeal with customers. Their ripper performance is against a backdrop of very sluggish retail over there, so sluggish in the apparel sector a number of their competition have gone into bankruptcy. An investment into HLG is as much a bet on their management as anything else and I like all the signs coming from them that they have their heads well and truly screwed on. Net profit for the half was $16.5m normalized taking out the non repeating loss from Storm stores. Cash flow was 30 cps in the last six months.
    I see normalized EPS of 50 cps this year and the stock on a PE of less than 10, hardly expensive unless one thinks they've hit peak earnings. I think its exciting times for Glassons in Australia and I think the opportunity over there for HLG is very exciting. I guess that's the difference between my view and some others. I see huge potential for growth in Australia whereas the naysayers see peak earnings.
    Like almost all things about the future only time will tell
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-05-2018 at 09:10 PM.

The new Euro format Glassons stores do seem to be having a lot of appeal with customers. Their ripper performance is against a backdrop of very sluggish retail over there, so sluggish in the apparel sector a number of their competition have gone into bankruptcy. An investment into HLG is as much a bet on their management as anything else and I like all the signs coming from them that they have their heads well and truly screwed on. Net profit for the half was $16.5m normalized taking out the non repeating loss from Storm stores. Cash flow was 30 cps in the last six months.
    I see normalized EPS of 50 cps this year and the stock on a PE of less than 10, hardly expensive unless one thinks they've hit peak earnings. I think its exciting times for Glassons in Australia and I think the opportunity over there for HLG is very exciting. I guess that's the difference between my view and some others. I see huge potential for growth in Australia whereas the naysayers see peak earnings.
    Like almost all things about the future only time will tell

Just for clarity, Roger. Are you espousing a long term hold? HLG is a solid company and recent performance has been excellent. If it's less than the bottom draw, where's your trade out point?

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Just for clarity, Roger. Are you espousing a long term hold? HLG is a solid company and recent performance has been excellent. If it's less than the bottom draw, where's your trade out point?
    The exit point is when they get off the clothing choices path (styles and speed to market) they are currently on.We can all look back ten years of graphs and PE's and see they were once very popular but fell very hard. Right now they are white hot " on trend". In summer they sold cotton in the heat ,now they've swapped that for merino in winter. The trick they have currently mastered is that they can have a 16 yr, 30 and a 65 yr old lining up at the same counter. The other retailers only seem to have one demographic. whereas hlg appeal on some level to most women of all ages. Their online platform is superb too. Must be loads of efficiency paralleling that on.
    So ...yes we are all a bit nervous they could crash and burn again but while they are operating like they are right now they are terrific value. ....."Aussy is a target rich environment"